v18 Choppy video/frames skipping
Koying, this apk is broken, the shield says.
(2018-01-16, 21:41)botribun Wrote: Koying, this apk is broken, the shield says.
 No it's not and you should not use arm on a shield tv. Use arm64 which does not show this issue to begin with.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Watched 2 eps in SD res h264 , didn't notice any dropped frames in this test build on my firetv stick basic.
Fixed in tomorrow's nightly build
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2018-01-16, 19:07)Koying Wrote: Please test http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/andro...bi-v7a.apk
This is master built with the old toolchain, so that we can pinpoint or exclude a toolchain issue
 this build is confirmed working on all the boxes i tested before and on Sony Bravia / TCL C2 .
i tried several video formats 720p, 1080p, 4k (x264 and x265)
Thanks, the video playback is good but I notice that the GUI navigation is slow. I ve select my tvshow section spend more time to enter. Also when navigate from movies and tvshows is slow. I’ve updated form previous build and I’m using Sony androidtv.
Anyone else has the same behavior?
Thanks for bug fixed
Tested on the Sony Android TV OS 7.0.0 API level 24 and it worked. Thanks!
Working fine in my  box  Vorke Z1 with Android 7.1.1 API level 25, kernel: Linux ARM 32-bit version 3.14.29 cpu amlogic S912
Thanks for the tests.
As Martijn said, we found the bug.

The fix will be in next nighty.
It is already in today's nightly (a42a8fa4).
Yep, working great. Thanks!
Bug fixed, video is excellent,

Thank you
Video seems fine.

Can you guys exit Kodi while a video is playing? Kodi hangs completely on my Sony ATV when doing so. Dunno whether this also has something to do with clang transition. Need to do some more investigation.
Hi guys.
I'm sorry but I still can see choppy video/frames skipping on Nvidia Shield TV.
Nvidia Shield TV is setted to 3840 × 2160 pixel @ 60 Hz.
I have tested both kodi-20180117-c8e69045-master-arm64-v8a and kodi-20180116-a42a8fa4-master-arm64-v8a.
I still can see choppy video/frames skipping with 23.976 fps videos, the same videos played with others player on the same Nvidia Shield TV are smoothly. On Kodi I have 'Adjust display refresh rate' setted to Off (video output is always 3840 × 2160 pixel @ 60 Hz for all videos resolution / fps).

In order to see that video/frames skipping is important to DISABLE any "Motion Interpolation" on the TV otherwhise the tests make no sense beacuse the TV will go to "insert" additional frames "in the middle" of the original frames.
Motion Interpolation (or Motion-compensated Frame Interpolation or Frame Interpolation) is called in various ways according to the brands (commercial name): Intelligent Frame Creation (IFC) for Panasonic; MotionFlow for Sony; TruMotion / MCI (Motion Clarity Index) for LG; Clear Motion Rate (CMR) for Samsung and so on... More info see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motion_interpolation

Please is it possible to better investigate that issue?

More, can you try to test again videos/movies with 23.976 fps and make sure to have the Motion Interpolation feature disabled on your TV for that tests?

Thanks for your collaborations.
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
(2018-01-16, 21:44)Martijn Wrote:
(2018-01-16, 21:41)botribun Wrote: Koying, this apk is broken, the shield says.
 Use arm64 which does not show this issue to begin with.  
Sadly, but it DOES.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Choppy video/frames skipping3