HDR, does it work?
(2018-02-19, 10:58)junias Wrote: I have to jump in here...
I have a i3-2110 with 4gb Ram, a GT1030 on Windows 10 x64 with latest drivers.
I use Kodie DSPlayer Version with madVR and all 4K HDR Movies run!

Just if you want to use expanded upscaling and so on, a GT1030 isn´t capable enough.
 Do these all play?  Samples (wiki)  Section 4 (4k UHD)
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
(2018-02-19, 17:44)brazen1 Wrote:

Just if you want to use expanded upscaling and so on, a GT1030 isn´t capable enough.
 Do these all play?  Samples (wiki)  Section 4 (4k UHD)  
 I will have a look when I´m at home.
But I can tell you, that my 4K HDR (10bit) movies with 23,976Hz will play without any problem (Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer Version)

Edit: Of course with autoswitching to HDR Mode with my TV (Samsung JS9090)

Well this interests me, because all I need is to run 4K HDR Movies. I'm not sure what the extra functions are, like expanded upscaling and such, or what they effectively do. But I only want to play the movie as it is, 4K HDR if its 4K HDR, and just FHD if it's only FHD. I don't need artificial enhancements.

In this case, will a GT1030 indeed be enough? Because the one says it's sufficient, while others say its too weak.

Again: I just want to playback (at maximum) a 4K HDR movie (probably H265) fluently on my 4K HDR TV (LG OLED55B6V to be specific)
(2018-02-26, 11:42)Jaspils Wrote:

Well this interests me, because all I need is to run 4K HDR Movies. I'm not sure what the extra functions are, like expanded upscaling and such, or what they effectively do. But I only want to play the movie as it is, 4K HDR if its 4K HDR, and just FHD if it's only FHD. I don't need artificial enhancements.

In this case, will a GT1030 indeed be enough? Because the one says it's sufficient, while others say its too weak.

Again: I just want to playback (at maximum) a 4K HDR movie (probably H265) fluently on my 4K HDR TV (LG OLED55B6V to be specific)  
As I said, with my i3-2110, 4GB Ram and my GT1030 (2GB VRAM) there is no problem.
No dropped frames with 4K HDR movies.

I use Windows 10 x64, Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer Version and madVR (latetst)...
What do you want to know?
(2018-02-26, 18:59)junias Wrote:
(2018-02-26, 11:42)Jaspils Wrote:

As I said, with my i3-2110, 4GB Ram and my GT1030 (2GB VRAM) there is no problem.
No dropped frames with 4K HDR movies.

I use Windows 10 x64, Kodi 17.6 DSPlayer Version and madVR (latetst)...
What do you want to know? 
 Looks good, only thing I really want is to verify where the GTX1030 stops handeling it fluently. Perhaps you can find out what the highest file is that fluently plays from the list that brazen1 mentioned, with focus on chapter '4 4K (UltraHD)':
Quote: Do these all play?  Samples (wiki)  Section 4 (4k UHD)
Guys, I need help Sad

I have an LG OLEDB6T and an HTPC running an i5 Kaby Lake CPU with integrated hardware acceleration.

Technically, this thing is supposed to play 4K HDR content.

However, I cannot for the life of me get MadVR to pass through HDR metadata so that my TV autodetects it as HDR and switches modes appropriately.
Also, using MPC-BE with MadVR enabled results in a slideshow. Horrible playback.

Can someone direct me to the best settings to use in MadVR with my setup? I don't want 3D or anything like that, just 4K HDR.

Thanks.
(2018-03-22, 14:09)djcorvus Wrote: Guys, I need help Sad

I have an LG OLEDB6T and an HTPC running an i5 Kaby Lake CPU with integrated hardware acceleration.

Technically, this thing is supposed to play 4K HDR content.

However, I cannot for the life of me get MadVR to pass through HDR metadata so that my TV autodetects it as HDR and switches modes appropriately.
Also, using MPC-BE with MadVR enabled results in a slideshow. Horrible playback.

Can someone direct me to the best settings to use in MadVR with my setup? I don't want 3D or anything like that, just 4K HDR.

Thanks.
Well, I still don't have anything running and am certainly not an expert, so correct me if I'm wrong. What I understood so far is that MadVR only support de Nvidia API for HDR passthrough, suggesting that it doesn't work on Intel iGPU, even though Intel iGPU does support HDR
So there's no way to play HDR files on my system then? Undecided
Just curious, I hope it fits in this thread.

I scanned some of the Leia code commits on github. One of them concerned new video routines for Windows and 10-bit output, "but unfortunately no HDR yet" (or something like that).

Is HDR (HDR10) planned for Kodi 18 on Win64? I know it works with DS and with external players, but I mean out-of-the-box functionality. That would be awesome.
(2018-06-22, 15:12)willemd Wrote: Is HDR (HDR10) planned for Kodi 18 on Win64? I know it works with DS and with external players, but I mean out-of-the-box functionality. That would be awesome.
 I'm also curious whether this is on the roadmap or not. And not only for Win64, but also for Linux distro's for that matter.
If they haven't included it in any nightlies/alphas yet, then I wouldn't expect any native HDR support in the Windows edition of Leia.
So stick with external players or DSPlayer.
On Windows and Linux Kodi does tone mapping out-of-the-box. 10bit support is about to land in Linux so we can work on passing HDR through. (currently I don't have a HDR monitor)
(2018-06-24, 09:55)FernetMenta Wrote: On Windows and Linux Kodi does tone mapping out-of-the-box. 10bit support is about to land in Linux so we can work on passing HDR through. (currently I don't have a HDR monitor)
 OK thanks for the info. This is good news. When I see functionality arriving in the github page, I'll try to test some nightlies.

Especially now that Netflix seems to work well in Kodi 18 (haven't tried it myself yet), I think HDR is going to be used a lot. And legally too. Big Grin
Is that support coming from the April update of ffmpeg 4.0?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDR, does it work?0