Solved How to set Movie Submenu to custom defined library node
I've used the library node editor to create a "view" into my movie library, which will list DTS-X and Atmos movies.  The node works well, but I can not figure out how to activate it as a Movies submenu item.  IE remove "country" submenu item (6?) and replace with this button instead.
After several hours of F...ing with different methods, I have this working.

1) Used Library node editor to make a rule that filename will contain DTS-X (or) Atmos.   My rule contains to "File" (not title) rules and I changed the rule to allow either of the rules to match.
2) Go to Videos Menu/files and save the DTS/Atmos Rule (made by library node editor) to Favorites.  Run it here to make sure it works and gives the right results.
3) Go to Skin Settings/Home/Submenu/Video and set submenu 5 (or whatever) to Favorites (DTS/Atmos Rule) 

Bingo... it works.
Hi zigzag930.

Sorry about letting you wait this long for an answer.

I'm really glad you got it sorted out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
(2018-01-04, 10:08)Gade Wrote: Hi zigzag930.

Sorry about letting you wait this long for an answer.

I'm really glad you got it sorted out.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Ok, it's been a while since I got this to work.  Last week, I completely rebuilt my Kodi system and lost this feature.  I tried to follow what I did in the past, but may have my nomenclature incorrect.

I used library node editor to create a "node" (not a parent node) which contains two rules.  One to match filename on atmos and a second to match filename on DTS-X.

I saved the rule to favorites.  I test the node (from movies) and it works fine.

Then I go into the system/skins/home/submenu/movies section to button 6 and specify button type "favorite" and select the node I saved in PATH.

When I try to use this from the movie submenu, it started the node editor instead of displaying the selected movies.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
Ok, figured it out.  I can not save to favorites from the node editor.   Must go to the video menu, back out until I see the node and save it as a favorite from there.
Exactly.

The other way you save the path from the addon and not from the new node.

Glad you got it solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set Movie Submenu to custom defined library node0