Can Rapier animate the poster art?
More information:

I have learned that if I use the context menu on a particular movie and choose "select animated poster" that the animated poster file is copied to the ..../animatedgifs folder and renamed ttHuhHuh?_poster.gif and that the poster begins to animate correctly when displayed in any of the movie views.

Simply putting the ttHuh??_poster.gif file in that directory does not work.  I must use the context menu to activate or associate that animated gif with the movie.

SO.... the problem isn't with the skin not working - the problem is that the gifs do no longer auto-download and register.

Was that part of the no-longer-functional "artworkdownloader" add-on or maybe another process that isn't working?

Thanks
Hi zigzag930.

The add-on you need for animated posters is script.skin.helper.service.
This needs to be installed and enabled.

Note that this add-on has not yet been updated for Kodi 19.

You also need to go to the library, View Options and enable the "Animated Posters" setting.

You can add
Code:
<arttype>animatedposter</arttype>
to your advancedsettings.xml file.
Do this for movies, tv shows etc. as explained here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2787679
(2020-06-18, 11:17)Gade Wrote: Hi zigzag930.

The add-on you need for animated posters is script.skin.helper.service.
This needs to be installed and enabled.

Note that this add-on has not yet been updated for Kodi 19.

You also need to go to the library, View Options and enable the "Animated Posters" setting.

You can add
Code:
<arttype>animatedposter</arttype>
to your advancedsettings.xml file.
Do this for movies, tv shows etc. as explained here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2787679

Gade, thanks for your replay.  I have done as you said.  The posters do animate.

The problem isn't with the skin not working - the problem is that the gifs do no longer auto-download and register.  Somehow, they did that in the past.

Was that part of the no-longer-functional "artworkdownloader" add-on or maybe another process that isn't working?
The auto downloading of animated posters is completely done by script.skin.helper.service and has nothing to do with the skin.

Script.artwork.downloader is not used anymore and that addon has nothing to do with animated posters.

Script.skin.helper.service is not actively maintained anymore and is not updated officially for Python 3 / Kodi 19 yet.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Rapier animate the poster art?0