Can Rapier animate the poster art?
I was using Aeon Madnox and there was a cool feature that would animate (some of) the movie posters in a wall tile display.  Is this available in Rapier?
Hi zigzag930.

Do you mean animated gif posters automatically downloaded?

That option is available from the view options menu.
Press up or left (depending on the view type) to go to the top options menu bar. Click the view options menu and the setting for animated posters will appear.
This setting will work for all view types in the movie library.
(2017-12-30, 00:45)Gade Wrote: Hi zigzag930.

Do you mean animated gif posters automatically downloaded?

That option is available from the view options menu.
Press up or left (depending on the view type) to go to the top options menu bar. Click the view options menu and the setting for animated posters will appear.
Thank you for the quick reply.  That is exactly what I am looking to do.   I have already checked that option in the view/options menu, but no animated posters.  These were working with Madnox, so I believe they are all there correctly.  Could it be that animated fan-art (background) is interfering with the posters wanting to animate?
I turned off the background animation and now the poster (icons) are starting to animate.  Sort of strange though.  They don't all get detected automatically.  I have to play some of the movies to get them to start animating.  Not sure why that is.  Others get detected randomly.  Weird, but starting to work.
That sounds very weird.

Which view type do you use?

And which version of Rapier?
(2018-01-01, 04:54)Gade Wrote: That sounds very weird.

Which view type do you use?

And which version of Rapier?
 Running 10.5.12,  and using thumb info.

I have also noticed that selecting any of the movies menu choices (or submenu choices, including my DTS/Atmos view) can take up to 20 seconds before the movie thumbs appear.  Sometimes it is 2-3 seconds, sometimes 20 seconds or more.  This is for a library of approx 1600 videos.
(2018-01-01, 19:56)zigzag930 Wrote: I have also noticed that selecting any of the movies menu choices (or submenu choices, including my DTS/Atmos view) can take up to 20 seconds before the movie thumbs appear.  Sometimes it is 2-3 seconds, sometimes 20 seconds or more.  This is for a library of approx 1600 videos. 

Is this specific for Rapier or does it apply to other skins as well?
Try Aeon Nox, Arctic Zephyr, Mimic, Transparency.
I'm not sure about other skins and will have to check this over the weekend.   The issue is not consistent as sometimes the view will populate quick (1-2 seconds) and other times it stalls for a bit.   I'll send more info as I test some more.

Thanks
Great, thanks.

Also info on OS and hardware is appreciated.
(2018-01-05, 15:00)Gade Wrote: Great, thanks.

Also info on OS and hardware is appreciated.

Gade,

I had to rebuild my kodi system, including a complete rebuild of my video library.  Running the latest official LibreELEC version with all updates applied.

I can no longer get any of the posters to animate, but thinking that might because no animated posters had downloaded.   I installed Artwork Beef and had it go rescan for posters, etc on the entire library.   I'm not sure if any animated posters have downloaded.  How can I tell?   Still can't get them working like the old system did.

Does Leah download the animated posters on it's own or was I correct to install Artwork Beef?   Is there some special configuration I need to do with Artwork Beef to get these animated posters?  Is there a wiki somewhere that you know of that explains how to make this all work?

Thanks
(2019-09-30, 03:13)zigzag930 Wrote: Gade,

I had to rebuild my kodi system, including a complete rebuild of my video library.  Running the latest official LibreELEC version with all updates applied.

I can no longer get any of the posters to animate, but thinking that might because no animated posters had downloaded.   I installed Artwork Beef and had it go rescan for posters, etc on the entire library.   I'm not sure if any animated posters have downloaded.  How can I tell?   Still can't get them working like the old system did.

Does Leah download the animated posters on it's own or was I correct to install Artwork Beef?   Is there some special configuration I need to do with Artwork Beef to get these animated posters?  Is there a wiki somewhere that you know of that explains how to make this all work?

Thanks 

Hi zigzag930

Go to the view options menu by pressing up or left (depending on the view type). Click the view options menu and the setting for animated posters will appear.

To enable animated posters you need to install script.skin.helper.service
You can go to Skin settings -> Supported addons to install missing addons.

Leia does not download the posters automatically and Artwork Beef doesn't have anything to do with this exact feature.
(2019-10-03, 16:41)Gade Wrote:

Thanks 

Hi zigzag930

Go to the view options menu by pressing up or left (depending on the view type). Click the view options menu and the setting for animated posters will appear.

Leia does not download the posters automatically and Artwork Beef doesn't have anything to do with this exact feature. 

I already do have "animated posters" checked in the view area.   Also, I double checked and skin.helper.service is installed (version 1.1.3 (Marcelveldt) and enabled.
(2019-10-03, 17:38)zigzag930 Wrote:
(2019-10-03, 16:41)Gade Wrote:

Thanks 

Hi zigzag930

I already do have "animated posters" checked in the view area.   Also, I double checked and skin.helper.service is installed (version 1.1.3 (Marcelveldt) and enabled. 
Also, I checked all the dependencies and updated them all.  Interestingly, they all show installed - but "disabled", when I look at each of them individually.
All necessary dependencies need to be enabled.

Other than that I have no idea what's wrong.
(2019-10-05, 01:00)Gade Wrote: All necessary dependencies need to be enabled.

Other than that I have no idea what's wrong.

Gade, hi.  I had given up on getting animated artwork to work, but decided to have a shot at it agin today.

Running LibreElec 9.2.2 (Leia 18.6)

Latest version of Rapier Skin installed.

I removed Artwork Beef and Artwork Downloader (as I noticed the Kodi Wiki says Artwork Downloader is broken and all features are now included in core Kodi)

Rebooted system and still can't get the animated artwork to function.

Can you please help?  Where should I look to see if the animated art is being downloaded?  What (if anything) needs to be configured on Kodi for it to find animated art?  Can you  please confirm which dependancies other than skin.screen.helper.service need to be installed and enabled?

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance

UPDATE:  I noticed that the scraper I had set in my video library was themoviedatabase.  I have now switched to universal scrapper.  As a result I have quite a few posters, etc that have downloaded into the respective video folders, but no .gif files.   I did look in ~.kodi/userdata..../animatedgifs  buts it is empty.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Rapier animate the poster art?0