Xbox One S Screen dimming
Hi guys, great to finally have Kodi on Xbox. I was using Plex for the last year or 2 since I bought the Xbox one and was constantly having problems. The only real problem I seem to be having with Kodi is when watching a movie or show on Xbox One S that the screen dimms as if the Xbox thinks it is not being used, is anyone experiencing this?
I've seen a few mention this. Adding it to known issues.
It is not just dimming, for me. It's some annoying xbox messages or adverts to play other games. 
Dims out for a couple second then the time appears at bottom left of the screen, then annoying sidebar on right load some fun facts about another apps.

Attempting to disable notifications will comment back is successful
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/...ifications
That's the Xbox screen saver. It seems that kodi doesn't make the system aware that it's running, and then the screen savers starts.
Under Xbox Settings > Preferences > Idle 
Unchecked show me things, and set Dim timer to 60 minutes, so slightly less annoying.
Weird. I could swear I added it, but it wasn't there when I just checked. Re-added. Maybe multiple people were editing.
(2017-12-30, 17:49)jozwikjp Wrote: Under Xbox Settings > Preferences > Idle 
Unchecked show me things, and set Dim timer to 60 minutes, so slightly less annoying.
same issue here, 60min without the screensaver is the maximum (XBOX Settings)
(2017-12-31, 15:20)mobilefreak Wrote:
(2017-12-30, 17:49)jozwikjp Wrote: Under Xbox Settings > Preferences > Idle 
same issue here, 60min without the screensaver is the maximum (XBOX Settings)

same problem here too with Xbox One S and Kodi. In my case using it with a pvr client: vu+/enigma 2 client  Undecided
Same on xbox one x, the display dimming issue.
this was fixed already in master, will be available in next version.
(2018-01-01, 21:32)afedchin Wrote:  

thanks for the great work!
edit: finally donated Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One S Screen dimming0