Xbox One surround sound not working
So far under my testing using hdmi audio files everything appears to be 2.0 regardless of Xbox One Audio settings (bitstream or uncompressed 7.1) and the kodi audio setup config. To the receiver it looks like all the channels are online, but audio seems like it is only coming out of left and right channel.

Anyone have any luck getting surround sound working yet?

-- EDIT: Disregard, this was totally a problem on my setup that was not related to Kodi. Surround sound non-passthrough is working great.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326228
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2017-12-30, 18:45)Martijn Wrote: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326228
 Thanks, is pass through audio the same issue as PCM  / non-bitstream audio?
My settings:
KODI: 5.1, passthrough off
XBOX: Dolby Digital
SPDIF connection.

I believe yesterday my surround speakers were working.
(2017-12-30, 18:55)maker3 Wrote: My settings:
KODI: 5.1, passthrough off
XBOX: Dolby Digital
SPDIF connection.

I believe yesterday my surround speakers were working.
 SPDIF can only transport 2 (!) pcm channels. If you want multichannel with spdif, you need to send a virtual format, e.g. AC3 or DTS. If exclusive mode does not work you will be limited to 2 channels.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2017-12-30, 20:39)fritsch Wrote: If exclusive mode does not work you will be limited to 2 channels. 
Why? Xbox can again encode to DD(AC3) or DTS on his own. I think passthrough isn't necessary.
Yesterday I was playing DTS clip. After decoding by KODI, it was next encoded to DD by Xbox.
I was quite sure my rear speakers were working.
But if you're saying it shouldn't working, I'm going to look at this again after I find some samples which allow me to clearly identify channels.
Surround sound is working. Passthrough is not. Just be sure that you set kodi to output in 5.1, it's set to 2.0 by default. Once done, everything will be played as what you have set up in the Xbox audio option for "compressed sound" which is dd or dts. If you have it set up to dd for example, everything will be sent as dd to your avr or tv, whether it's a real dd track or dts, or dts hd ma or atmos.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One surround sound not working0