When ever I start a game in fullscreen, Kodi's window is automatically resized.
When ever I start a game in fullscreen, Kodi's window is automatically resized to my main monitor's resolution (2560x1440). It's not fullscreening, but resizing in windowed mode. If I minimize the game and resize kodi back to a smaller size and then tab back into the game again, kodi will resize it's self again. Kodi is pretty much unwatchable this way on my setup.
 This is what's happening. Kodi is open in windowed mode while playing some movie and I start a game outside kodi. I'm playing pretty modern games like skyrim SE, Civilization VI, Just cause 3, and some blizzard games. I tested some stuff and I found out that in starcraft, If I set the game to below 144hz, kodi resizes. If I set the game to 144hz, kodi doesn't resize. I also tried setting my main monitor to 60hz, but that didn't fix the issue.  Is there a way to prevent kodi from resizing like that, maybe some kind of automatic resizing option in kodi in the settings somewhere?

Thank you
Since no one has jumped in to respond, suffice to say your set-up is into new territory for me. A lot of the window refresh, is left to the graphic card and software blitters, if the drivers don't handle the 'open in windowed mode' display refresh well which is the core of the o/s inconjunction with the graphics engine; you will get symptoms as described. Keep your graphic card manufactuer informed and seek help in the windows support threads, it's likely there will be updates and fixes along.
(2017-12-31, 22:44)PatK Wrote: Since no one has jumped in to respond, suffice to say your set-up is into new territory for me. A lot of the window refresh, is left to the graphic card and software blitters, if the drivers don't handle the 'open in windowed mode' display refresh well which is the core of the o/s inconjunction with the graphics engine; you will get symptoms as described. Keep your graphic card manufactuer informed and seek help in the windows support threads, it's likely there will be updates and fixes along.
 Something I noticed is that this only happens on kodi 17.0 and higher. The ones below this version works fine. It's just this one that's an issue. Any idea what kodi 17 may have updated to start causing this issue?
I believe it's the jump from DX9 to DX11 (Direct X) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DirectX

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-diagnosti
Does kodi 17 allow for using older DX versions or is it stuck in dx11? If I can set it to dx9 I can see if it's what causing the issues.
GPU hardware must support at least level DirectX version 9.0c however the GPU software drivers must support the DirectX 11 Feature Level 9.1 (which means the DX11 API has been implemented in the GPU software driver to be compatible with DX9 hardware) Supported hardware (wiki) a proper debug log will probably show a graphic engine issue, new drivers might help.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When ever I start a game in fullscreen, Kodi's window is automatically resized.0