v18 Universal Movie Scraper wont scrape without nfo file present
For some horrible reason and this is happening for the first time. I just now scraped six movies, and out of those only two were scraped correctly, Stronger (2017) and The Holiday (2006).

Lone Survivor (2013), The Mountain Between Us (2017), The Angry Birds Movie (2016) and The Battleship Island (2017) were not scrapped correctly but they were added to the library. I needed to refresh each one and manually select the title from the list...

Edit:
I'm using the latest add-ons.
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
Hello iMak

Can you post the log that captures the scrape. It may reveal information that olympia may find useful.

Also, please don't say the "latest" add-ons. We have no idea what that means. Usually, everybody thinks they are using the "latest" version until they are shown that they are not. Provide the actual version number.

ImageImage
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Karellen,

I just shutdown my Nvidia Shield TV, and I think the old log file will be replaced with a new one. I need to delete them from the library and re scan them again.

You are right about the add-ons version, I should have stated them in my earlier post. Here they are...

Universal Movie Scraper 4.0.2
IMDB Scraper Library 2.9.5
Nvidia Shield TV 2015, Sony BRAVIA XBR55HX929, Yamaha Aventage RX-A3050, Dolby Atmos/DTS:X (5.1.4) Front Mains: Jamo C109, Surrounds: Jamo C103, FH/RH: Jamo C93, Center: Jamo C10 CEN and Subwoofer: Jamo J112 SUB
I see these lines are repeated many times in the log file...

12:40:48.270 T:139098809424 WARNING: CSettingsManager: unable to read value of setting "imdbakatitles"
12:40:48.270 T:139098809424 WARNING: CSettingsManager: unable to read value of setting "imdbcertcountry"
12:40:48.271 T:139098809424 WARNING: CAddonSettings[metadata.universal]: failed to load value "USA / International" for setting imdbakatitles
12:40:48.271 T:139098809424 WARNING: CAddonSettings[metadata.universal]: failed to load value "USA" for setting imdbcertcountry

Is that what you were talking about earlier? Am I having the same issue?
I just advised to switch from USA to United States!?

Other than that I don't really understand the issue. What does "they were not scraped" correctly mean? Also, do they scraper correctly on manual refresh? Also, as Karellen suggested, can you post a full debug log which is captured during a problematic scraping process?
I just can't figure out where and how to change USA to United States!

Yes, they scrape correctly with a manual refresh.

I'll try to upload a debug log.
Use change content from the context menu on the given source, then change this in the scraper settings, but this will "only" fix the MPAA issue.

I have no clue what could cause automatic scraping to fail, while manual is working. I actually can only think that you were scraping automatic before v2.9.5 update and your were refreshing manually after the update. Please try again, this should work.
(2017-12-23, 10:26)olympia Wrote: You need to set this on the source, I suspect you are trying to change this in addons manager.

Use change content from the context menu on the given source.
That worked, thanks Olympia !!

I detected another problem, for most of the movies the title UMS is getting is the correct "United States / International" but for a couple of movies UMS is getting the local, AKA (Mexico) IMDB title name instead of "United States / International", a coupe of examples:

• For "Get Out (2017)" I got "¡Huye!"
  • For "The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017)" I got "Duro de Cuidar"

As mentioned the problem is not consistent, for other movies UMS is getting the US/Intl name even though the local AKA name is different. For "Lucky Logan" I am getting the US title even though the AKA name is "La Estafa de los los Logan"

I tried also with UMS set to "Keep Original" title and this also did not work, I also got local AKA names for the above movies.

Thanks again Olympia !!
(2017-12-23, 19:01)olympia Wrote: Use change content from the context menu on the given source, then change this in the scraper settings, but this will "only" fix the MPAA issue.

I have no clue what could cause automatic scraping to fail, while manual is working. I actually can only think that you were scraping automatic before v2.9.5 update and your were refreshing manually after the update. Please try again, this should work.
I PM'd you the debug log.

And here is what I did...

Scrapped two movies, both of them in the same folder and with the same settings...

The Holiday was scrapped perfectly with no issues...

Lone Survivor not. I had to refresh it and scrape it manually, but the result was perfect...

Sorry iMak I have no idea, but it's not a scraper issue.
(2017-12-23, 19:42)olympia Wrote: Sorry iMak I have no idea, but it's not a scraper issue.

Thanks Olympia, at least you confirmed it's not the add-on's issue. I need to look further...
Hello iMak

The way you have named the movies can sometimes confuse the scraper. You should try using a Parsing NFO as described in the following link. It will guide the scraper directly to the correct entry.

http://kodi.wiki/view/NFO_files#Parsing_nfo

ImageImage
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
One thing I noticed, imdb lists it as Lone Survivor (2013) but the release date as 2014. I would be interested if it scraped properly if the file was named with 2014 instead.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Thanks Karellen, I'll look into it.

But something is going on here, I installed a fresh SPMC and the add-ons and surprisingly there was no issues with the movies that were failed in the Kodi 18 nightly, which I mainly use. And the trickier part is, the Kodi 18 nightly has issues with some of the movies and not all as I described earlier.
OK, I just discovered something and I think it's about the latest Kodi 18 nightly builds.

If the movie folder contains no .nfo file it will not be scrapped automatically and I am forced to reload and scrape manually.

But, I tried and created an empty .nfo but named it exactly as the movie file name, and guess what, it was scrapped automatically and perfectly.

In the earlier builds, I was scrapping without .nfo and without issues.

SPMC Krypton yet scrapes without .nfo

So, can someone with the same setup try, let us see and confirm the issue.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Universal Movie Scraper wont scrape without nfo file present0