Timer RULE from search results?
I'm testing out Kodi using NextPVR as the TV backend.  Haven't looked at Kodi in a couple of years, and back then PVR support was spartan and weak.  The experience this time is substantially better.

One niggle I have bumped into - is there no way to add a timer RULE from EPG search results?  It seems I can add a single timer, but not a rule (aka season schedule).  The only place that I can easily add a rule is from the EPG itself, but scrolling the EPG to a program many days in the future is not a good solution.  I'm not talking about a manual rule entry by time or keyword - I am aware of that functionality.
(2017-12-30, 23:32)TBacker Wrote: I'm testing out Kodi using NextPVR as the TV backend.  Haven't looked at Kodi in a couple of years, and back then PVR support was spartan and weak.  The experience this time is substantially better.

One niggle I have bumped into - is there no way to add a timer RULE from EPG search results?  It seems I can add a single timer, but not a rule (aka season schedule).  The only place that I can easily add a rule is from the EPG itself, but scrolling the EPG to a program many days in the future is not a good solution.  I'm not talking about a manual rule entry by time or keyword - I am aware of that functionality.
EDIT: my reply removed. Not sure how it ended up in this thread, had meant to be a reply to something else.
(2017-12-30, 23:32)TBacker Wrote: I'm testing out Kodi using NextPVR as the TV backend.  Haven't looked at Kodi in a couple of years, and back then PVR support was spartan and weak.  The experience this time is substantially better.

Working here. I have "Add timer" in the context menu of the search results. From there I can create a timer rule.

Using Kodi Leia nightly builds with tvheadend pvr add-on. Don't know whether this makes a difference.
Like you, I find it frustrating trying to browse the guide to a point four days away. Instead I like using the NextPVR Web interface to schedule my recordings. Instant zoom and scroll Smile

Click on a program and select the recording method.

My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 09:04)Karellen Wrote: Like you, I find it frustrating trying to browse the guide to a point four days away. Instead I like using the NextPVR Web interface to schedule my recordings. Instant zoom and scroll [emoji2]

Click on a program and select the recording method.

Not sure I get your point. What works better with the web interface wrt the issue reported here? You also have to scroll to the show you want to record, right?
Sure, not exactly on point for the question. but I was more focused on this comment "but scrolling the EPG to a program many days in the future is not a good solution". More of a heads-up that an alternative is available, and a lot easier than using the Kodi interface for browsing the guide and setting rules for programs days into the guide. For me, anyway.

---Edit---
Makes better sense if I mention I do that from my office computer, rather than my HTPC
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2017-12-31, 09:31)Karellen Wrote: Sure, not exactly on point for the question. More of a heads-up that it is available, and a lot easier than using the Kodi interface for browsing the guide and setting rules. For me, anyway.

To create a series recording in Kodi: Select a show, select its context menu, select "add timer", click okay (for tvheadend "series recording" is preselected in the timer settings dialog - this can be controlled by the add-on). done.

As I understood what you wrote the Web interface works pretty much the same. Maybe one click less to create a series recording?

But yeah, it's ofc personal preference.
I find with the Kodi GUI, you can't jump to a day. So if today is Monday and I want to see what is showing on Saturday night... I have a hell of a long way to scroll. With the NextPVR Web interface I can select the day. And its only a short scroll from there.

Also edited my post since you quoted that to give a bit more info
My Signature
Okay, I found out that my issue with not having "add timer rule" from a search result appears to be skin related. 

The stock skin has both the single timer and timer rule option when you select a search result.  I was running Arctic: Zephyr which only shows the single timer option.

I should have known better - it didn't even cross my mind that I had decided to load a different skin the night before I was putting the PVR through it's paces.  Actually, it seems that few skins have this feature exposed.
(2017-12-31, 09:59)Karellen Wrote: I find with the Kodi GUI, you can't jump to a day. So if today is Monday and I want to see what is showing on Saturday night... I have a hell of a long way to scroll. With the NextPVR Web interface I can select the day. And its only a short scroll from there.

Also edited my post since you quoted that to give a bit more info

That feature is on my to-do list for Kodi. ;-)
(2017-12-31, 10:08)TBacker Wrote: Okay, I found out that my issue with not having "add timer rule" from a search result appears to be skin related. 

The stock skin has both the single timer and timer rule option when you select a search result.  I was running Arctic: Zephyr which only shows the single timer option.

I should have known better - it didn't even cross my mind that I had decided to load a different skin the night before I was putting the PVR through it's paces.  Actually, it seems that few skins have this feature exposed.

I doubt it's skin related; afaik skins cannot manipulate context menus. However, glad that you now found it.
(2017-12-31, 10:10)ksooo Wrote: That feature is on my to-do list for Kodi. ;-)

Good news!! Thanks ksooo.

If you are taking requests... Select a single channel and view the guide for that channel
My Signature
(2017-12-31, 10:47)Karellen Wrote:

Good news!! Thanks ksooo.

Did you know that you can use the skip keys (given your keyboard/remote has those keys) to advance +/- 12 hours at once in the guide window?
(2017-12-31, 10:47)Karellen Wrote:

If you are taking requests... Select a single channel and view the guide for that channel

LOL. Other people saying that I should remove the channels window as for them the guide window is the only window they need.

If you are watching a channel, hit enter/ok and select "guide" from the osd. Maybe there is even a direct key for that configured by default. Don't know.
lol... an educational day today.

(2017-12-31, 11:22)ksooo Wrote: Did you know that you can use the skip keys (given your keyboard/remote has those keys) to advance +/- 12 hours at once in the guide window?
Just checked that, and found the skipping feature. Never picked up on the feature before

(2017-12-31, 11:27)ksooo Wrote: If you are watching a channel, hit enter/ok and select "guide" from the osd. Maybe there is even a direct key for that configured by default. Don't know.
Just checked that also, and found the button on the OSD. Great!!

Thanks ksooo Smile
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Timer RULE from search results?0