Video freezing & stuttering
Using the following:
Chromebox / Madnox skin / Krypton @ Libreelec/ Streaming from WD MyCloud 

On playing video, I can go 12 videos without issue. Other times, every video will either freeze Kodi and require a reset, reset Kodi, or never play. The usual response is play 5 minutes then freeze nonstop through the rest of the movie.

https://pastebin.com/S226eJcw

In this log, we're trying Toy Story. It froze a few times, stuttered through, then froze completely.

This seems to be the case if I plug in to the network or stream of wifi. The router and NAS are right behind the Chromebox. 
I had the same setup previously on the Chromebox and an old laptop and never had this issue with Jarvis.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I mounted an external hard drive to the Chromebox and played the same video with normal results. 
It appears that the NAS is having issues? I doubt it's the modem, as everything else works fine.
I don't think it's how I have the Chromebox settings, because the hard drive works.
I reset the NAS, and let it cycle completely. Still the same.
you can try to enable caching (to ram) for all filesystems via advancedsettings.xml. Might help to smooth out occasional throughput issues of the nas
(2017-12-31, 10:04)wsnipex Wrote: you can try to enable caching (to ram) for all filesystems via advancedsettings.xml. Might help to smooth out occasional throughput issues of the nas
 I read that somewhere as well. I may do it.
I found the issue. I'm using a static IP for the NAS.  I let the DNS Server 1 go to default. I changed it to my router gateway IP instead. It fixed it immediately.

I also stopped thumbnail indexing for the MyCloud and Twonky.
Anyone needs any of that info, let me know.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Video freezing & stuttering0