AppleTV 4 Top Shelf
Yes, I did. With latest deb file I tried but when I uploaded to my Apple tv 4k (from 10.13 and Xcode 9.2): API internal error. Same process (generate prov. profile from XCode 7.3 and macOS 10.10.5 and sign the deb file with it) but with kodi-20170529-1ac3310--tvos.deb, everything was perfect.

So...it's the deb?
(2018-02-01, 22:30)tocinillo Wrote: Yes, I did. With latest deb file I tried but when I uploaded to my Apple tv 4k (from 10.13 and Xcode 9.2): API internal error. Same process (generate prov. profile from XCode 7.3 and macOS 10.10.5 and sign the deb file with it) but with kodi-20170529-1ac3310--tvos.deb, everything was perfect.

So...it's the deb?
 Usually Internal API Error has something to do with the provisioning profile - in the past I've had to delete all of the profiles on my Mac and create new ones in Xcode.  It doesn't have anything to do with the deb file.

They're located at ~/Library/MobileDevice/Provisioning Profiles and any time I have an error uploading to the ATV deleting everything in that directory and re-signing tends to fix it.
Yes, you're right. Now I can sign latest deb file with Xcode 7.3 profile. So (yes, I've developer paid account):

- I created a new project with XCode 7.3 & MacOS 10.10.5 following dan's instructions. Then I signed deb file (kodi-20170529-1ac3310--tvos.deb) and I obteined the IPA file. Reboot to MacOS 10.13 and Xcode 9.2 and uploaded to Apple TV 4K = TopShelf works nice

- I boot again to MacOS 10.10.5 then I signed deb file (kodi-20180130-c118e84-yab-tvos.deb) with same prov. profile created before and I obteined the IPA file. Reboot to MacOS 10.13 and Xcode 9.2 and uploaded to Apple TV 4K = TopShelf doesn't work

Same process, same prov. profile (generated automatically by Xcode 7.3), same iOS Signer version app, same MacOS version to sign it. Old deb (17.3) = works, latest one (17.6) doesn't. So finally the problem is the deb file. 

I can't sign kodi-20170529-1ac3310--tvos.deb with Xcode 9.2 and macOS 10.13 because iOS Signer crash.

Some commit after 17.3 maybe?

PS: Later I'll try to compile it from source with Xcode 7.3, but I think this old version can't do...
I had the same question ;-)

i know the Top Shelf is working with developer account, but also found out that the top Shelf was working with

kodi-20171024-b184048-yab-tvos.deb with a normal account.

So i only use this version, works perfect for me.

on every newer version Top Shelf is not working.

Please make it again working on newer versions, or make the 1024 as final ;-)

i use AppleTV4(latest TvOS) 10 year old iMac 10,11,6 XCode8, AppSigner 1,9
It’s not possible to make it work with free developer account because Apple disallows the needed entitlement for it ... it might work in older Xcode versions but I really doubt it because usually apple has full access to restrictions from their server side of things (and can change them as they want to affect all Xcode versions)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2018-02-04, 11:51)Memphiz Wrote: It’s not possible to make it work with free developer account because Apple disallows the needed entitlement for it ... it might work in older Xcode versions but I really doubt it because usually apple has full access to restrictions from their server side of things (and can change them as they want to affect all Xcode versions)

I compile with premium paid developer account (from source) and also it's not working...

PS: Furthermore If I compile mrmc from source (with same xcode version, dev. account...) Topshelf works.
So as a premium developer you need to fix it yourself. I have no paid account to make it work for you other developers. Up with your sleeves and get working. Wink
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
confirmed : Kodi171024 works fine with top shelf, everything after that does not.  kinda what I said at the start of this post. back to 17.4 without issue, used the same provisioning name and kept all my settings....

Now we'll have to work together to find out what has changed, I can't even get the source to compile on my machine, running Xcode 9.3 beta, keep getting crazy errors which seem to point to a change in the swift version.

dunno if anyone has a compiled source that will compile in Xcode 9.3 they could share ?

I've long ago ditched my Xcode 7.3 version.  however, if this is the version of Xcode we need to compile from the source, I'm happy to re-download it form the dev portal.

I know it would complain like crazy that we don't have the binaries for the latest versions of TVoS or IOS.
Has anything changed regarding enabling the top shelf with xcode in Mojave? I just can't get it to work with my paid developer account anymore.
(2019-06-04, 12:22)horstepipe Wrote: Has anything changed regarding enabling the top shelf with xcode in Mojave? I just can't get it to work with my paid developer account anymore.

I think Apple changed it slightly.

It appears that now you need to sign the top shelf with a different (yet still compatible) provisioning profile instead of just signing both with the main app profile
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
Thank you very much!
Would you mind to give some more guidance through this process? Is this still possible with IOS App Signer?
It's still possible within iOS App Signer as of the latest version I released today, but I think you now need a paid account for the needed entitlements.

You create an Xcode tvOS project, then you add an extension named TVOSTopShelf, then Xcode will generate two provisioning profiles

One for the main bundle and one for the extension.

To sign the extension, you'll need to extract the Kodi.app manually from the bundle and then you'll have to sign Kodi.app/Plugins/TVOSTopShelf.appex first

Then you'd sign Kodi.app with the checkbox that says "Ignore Plugins folder" and you should have a properly signed Kodi with working top shelf
Install Kodi on iOS without a jailbreak: iOS App Signer — donations are gratefully accepted
(2019-07-20, 21:57)DanTheMan827 Wrote: It's still possible within iOS App Signer as of the latest version I released today, but I think you now need a paid account for the needed entitlements.

You create an Xcode tvOS project, then you add an extension named TVOSTopShelf, then Xcode will generate two provisioning profiles

To sign the extension, you'll need to extract the Kodi.app manually from the bundle and then you'll have to sign Kodi.app/Plugins/TVOSTopShelf.appex first

Then you'd sign Kodi.app with the checkbox that says "Ignore Plugins folder" and you should have a properly signed Kodi with working top shelf
Hey DanTheMan,
I'm just trying to follow your instructions :-)
In Xcode I added the extension via File -> New -> Target -> TV Services Extension

Hope this step was correct?

Now I'm stuck. What exactly do I have to extract? The .deb file from here?
https://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/darwin/tvos/

There's no Kodi.app in there, so I guess I'm wrong here :-)

Thanks alot for your support!
(2019-08-15, 16:52)horstepipe Wrote:
(2019-07-20, 21:57)DanTheMan827 Wrote: It's still possible within iOS App Signer as of the latest version I released today, but I think you now need a paid account for the needed entitlements.

Hey DanTheMan,
I'm just trying to follow your instructions :-)
In Xcode I added the extension via File -> New -> Target -> TV Services Extension

Hope this step was correct?

Now I'm stuck. What exactly do I have to extract? The .deb file from here?

Thanks alot for your support! 

Inside the deb there should be another large file, that's the archive that contains Kodi.app
(2019-08-15, 16:52)horstepipe Wrote: Now I'm stuck. What exactly do I have to extract? The .deb file from here?

run this in terminal:
Code:
cd <dir where you downloaded the .deb, probably it's ~/Downloads>
ar -x kodi-20180227-4a25e62-yab-tvos.deb
tar -xzf data.tar.lzma
now you can find the Kodi app at var/mobile/Applications/Kodi.app in the same directory where the .deb resides

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
AppleTV 4 Top Shelf0