Solved Kodi refuses to scrape my Bottom
I realised just before writing this post the childish hilarity of this problem, but it's true: I simply cannot get kodi scrape data for Bottom, the UK TV comedy series from 1991. I have set up my directory thus:

TV Shows > Bottom (1991) (en) > Bottom Series 1; Bottom Series 2; Bottom Series 3

I  am using the usual TVDB scraper and it can see the top level name and it even includes the correct fan art, but it cannot see the folders. I have selected 'Information' and refreshed the data assigned to it, and get the list back of possible TV shows. Bottom is there at the top so I select that but the info just doesn't seem to stick (to my Bottom, as it were).

I have tried renaming the top folder as Bottom; Bottom (1991); Bottom (TV Show); Bottom (1991) (en) but this is baffling the hell out of me. Why is it having a problem getting the info to get assigned?

Any pointers gratefully received. And a happy new year to you all!
Kodi only looks at two things:
- The name of the show folder
- The name of the video files

Everything else (season folders etc) is ignored.
In other words, the most likely problem is your video file naming.
I made a source D:\Koditest and set it up as TV shows.

Inside this I made the following two files in the following folder structure:
Code:
D:\Koditest\Bottom\Season 3\s01e01.avi
D:\Koditest\Bottom\Whatever\s03e04.mkv

As I suspected, both files got scanned fine, and Kodi shows a season 1 and a season 3 substructure. Take note that my Season 3 folder is completely bogus and is ignored, as is the Whatever folder.

I used Kodi 17 by the way, although there is no reason this would be different in 18
(2017-12-31, 17:50)Kib Wrote: I made a source D:\Koditest and set it up as TV shows.

Inside this I made the following two files in the following folder structure:
Code:
D:\Koditest\Bottom\Season 3\s01e01.avi
D:\Koditest\Bottom\Whatever\s03e04.mkv

As I suspected, both files got scanned fine, and Kodi shows a season 1 and a season 3 substructure. Take note that my Season 3 folder is completely bogus and is ignored, as is the Whatever folder.

I used Kodi 17 by the way, although there is no reason this would be different in 18
 OK, thanks to your reply I realise what the problem was. The episodes themselves had been named 'Bottom - series 2 - episode 2 - culture.avi', which Kodi obviously didn't like. I've renamed them s02e02 and so on. Pretty obvious, really, but thank you for replies, we got it sorted. Cheers (or should that be Bottoms Up?).
Naming video files/TV shows (wiki) if you want more info. The wiki tells all...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thread marked solved.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2017-12-31, 18:26)demonboy Wrote: OK, thanks to your reply I realise what the problem was. The episodes themselves had been named 'Bottom - series 2 - episode 2 - culture.avi', which Kodi obviously didn't like. I've renamed them s02e02 and so on. Pretty obvious, really, but thank you for replies, we got it sorted. Cheers (or should that be Bottoms Up?). 
 Great to hear you got it sorted !
Thread title of the year!!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi refuses to scrape my Bottom0