Xbox One KODI is playing audio back at way too low a volume
Almost every XBox game and movie plays at an appropriate volume when I have my amplifier set to 50-55.  However, when I played back my first KODI on Xbox video, I thought audio was missing, but I discovered that it was there but just too low - I have to turn my amp up to 90 to hear it.  

Before you say my videos have their audio encoded too low, this problem does NOT happen when I play on any other KODI device, such as on my Fire TV or my RaspberryPi based KODI devices.  ONLY occurs on the XBox.

Any ideas? I've gone through all of the audio settings, but can't find any that seem to adjust this at all.  As it stands, KODI on XBox One is useless to me, and I very much want to consolidate to my Xbox. 

Thanks much!
(2017-12-31, 19:21)menkalos Wrote: Almost every XBox game and movie plays at an appropriate volume when I have my amplifier set to 50-55.  However, when I played back my first KODI on Xbox video, I thought audio was missing, but I discovered that it was there but just too low - I have to turn my amp up to 90 to hear it.  

Before you say my videos have their audio encoded too low, this problem does NOT happen when I play on any other KODI device, such as on my Fire TV or my RaspberryPi based KODI devices.  ONLY occurs on the XBox.

Any ideas? I've gone through all of the audio settings, but can't find any that seem to adjust this at all.  As it stands, KODI on XBox One is useless to me, and I very much want to consolidate to my Xbox. 

Thanks much!
I have the same problem
Using R toggle on Xbox controller push into R will show icon on the top of the screen allowing max vol
I can't say I've noticed any major difference between my pi3 with libreelec Leah and the Xbox build
Quote:Using R toggle on Xbox controller push into R will show icon on the top of the screen allowing max vol

Sorry for being a thread necro, but thank you so much, this was driving me mad. Clicking in the right thumbstick and pushing it up cranked my volume from about 50% to full. I'd nearly given up on there even being a button combo to adjust volume!
(2017-12-31, 19:21)menkalos Wrote: Almost every XBox game and movie plays at an appropriate volume when I have my amplifier set to 50-55.  However, when I played back my first KODI on Xbox video, I thought audio was missing, but I discovered that it was there but just too low - I have to turn my amp up to 90 to hear it.  

Thanks much!

Hey, I hate to necro this thread, but I figured it out.

Hit your big Xbox button while in Kodi. When the menu comes up, go to Kodi, and hit the a button. It will bring up the same menu you get if you are playing music or something while in a game with the volume bar. Mine was at 5%, As soon as I brought it up to 100% everything was perfect!

I tried the other solutions here and they helped, but this legit fixed the problem. Not sure why the volume was set so low, but it has bugged me for years.

Hope this helps somebody!
(2020-08-17, 18:41)dnorm Wrote:

Thanks much!

Hit your big Xbox button while in Kodi. When the menu comes up, go to Kodi, and hit the a button. It will bring up the same menu you get if you are playing music or something while in a game with the volume bar. Mine was at 5%, As soon as I brought it up to 100% everything was perfect!

I tried the other solutions here and they helped, but this legit fixed the problem. Not sure why the volume was set so low, but it has bugged me for years.

I have to say a SPECIAL THANKS to you.  I was fooling around with this for the whole day when I decided to come to this forum.  That was EXACTLY the problem.  As I am on the Xbox beta program, this happened after I got my last update on Aug 13.  Would have never have found this volume control option without this post!  Thank you again!
(2020-08-17, 18:41)dnorm Wrote:

Thanks much!

Oh my God thank you so much I was going crazy I cannot fine to get the volume up. I don’t know where it happened to me I don’t know how that volume got down so I clicked on the Xbox button and then clicked on the Cody and then put the volume up the controller thing thank you so much I can’t believe it so happy now the volume works I installed Cody 20 times I uninstalled the build and all it was was this LOL thank you

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xbox One KODI is playing audio back at way too low a volume0