N00b seeking advice
If I have put this in the wrong place I'm sorry.   Likewise if mentioning a certain addon breaches the rules, I'm also sorry.   With regards to said addon however, I do have a fully paid subscription.

So, I decided that I would give building a Kodi box a go.   Why not I thought, that old slimline PC will be fine.

Everything went well with the install.   I cannot thank just one site for my success as I googled much information.

The box is nothing special, an all in one motherboard with 8Gig DDR2 and a Q9650 processor.   In following advice, I used Fedora 27 Server in minimal installation, installed all the necessary bits and bobs and I have a working Kodi box.   So far so good.

Now the aforementioned subscription is Amazon Prime.   I obtained the Kodinerd and Sandman repos and was able to log into my account with no problems.   From this poing on I am  having problems.   So far the only way I seem to be able to play Prime is in a browser, and it won't play full screen.   I have tried chrome and firefox and neither will allow full screen.   I even read up on kiosk mode which apparently gets rid of everything exept the video, but even this didn't work.   Now I can play prime using my home PC full screen ( 1920 x 1080) with no problems at all.   I'm embarrassed to say the home PC is a windoze box ( hides head in shame).

I've tried using sthe streaming option, but Kodi v17 (17.6 actually) apparently is not shipped with inputstream enabled.   I spent this entire weekend back and forth between the kodi box and the home PC ( although I do ssh in via Mobaxterm when I can) trying different methods to get Prime to play full screen.

I'm reasonable au fait with Fedora linux, certainly not a professional, or advanced, and as such I can follow instructions as needed.

If anyone here can help, or point me in the right direction to get this working, I really would be grateful.

Thanks in advance

Steve
I'm not certain there is a defined working add-on for Prime. There are a few in the repos that don't seem to be stable. 
The times I was able to get one to work, it wasn't wildly user friendly. The layout was exactly like all other add-ons.
You basically would just get a list of folders with videos in each folder.

There are a lot of other options for Prime. Many smart TVs (Especially a Roku base) have a nice UI. PS3/4 has a nice UI.
I guess, if I want to actually use Prime like it was intended, I've just gone to having an independent way to access it.
prime works fine with inputstream.adaptive and sandmanns addon. Make sure you also have the widevine lib. If fedora doesn't have inputstream packaged, you either have to compile it yourself, or switch to e.g. ubuntu, which we provide packages for in our PPAs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
N00b seeking advice0