Stuck on profiles logon
Enabled profiles selection during startup but that screen does not respond to any controller input. Can’t go in any direction and no buttons. Restarted Xbox and app. Is it looking for a keyboard or mouse?

Is there any way to reset this so I can get back into the main master profile? Hopefully without destroying the library.
I also have this issue. I had just managed to input all the files and find all the relevant data to go with them and decided to add users to the account so my housemates had their own as well and then when I tried to open Kodi it loaded to the user screen and became unresponsive. I had this issue before the bug fix came out and the only way to fix the problem was uninstalling and reinstalling the program, but I just spent the last 8 hours letting it gather information and would rather like to avoid that if possible. Does anyone know a way around this?
3rd'ing this issue for Dev awareness -- platform XBox One (10.0.16299.4055, rs3 release xbox dev 1711.171203-1700)

Re-testing UPnP connectivity after recent update; in-op during last rev.

Created 2 profiles -- one to test, one for safety. Application loads, freezes at user profile selection screen. Controller input in-op. Will test additional input device at a later date...
I can't reproduce this on my test environment.
Like I already mentioned in the xbox one discussion thread, I'm experiencing this same problem.
@afedchin , is something changed in profile handling, with the pre-release versions of Kodi for Xbox, compared to first Store release ?

Because I also experienced the "stuck on profile logon screen" when I tested multiple profiles with first Store release version. All those new profiles were created with a copy from default.
Didn't test profiles again after that, with current pre-release versions, because of those problems.
@afedchin --

Un/Reinstall from store... Created test and safe profiles after first relaunch. Exited/Restarted. Same issue; not accepting controller inputs. Funny enough, at profile selection when Kodi dims the screen due to inactivity, any input on the controller will cancel the dim.

Also, received "Version Check Error" dialog at profile selection screen. Unable to access logs to provide any additional info.
Yes, gamepad doesn't work at login screen. We are trying to find a solution.
@afedchin , Thanks for confirming this bug, looking forward for a fixed pre-release version !
(2018-01-20, 00:25)IdidothBawx Wrote: @afedchin --

Un/Reinstall from store... Created test and safe profiles after first relaunch. Exited/Restarted. Same issue; not accepting controller inputs. Funny enough, at profile selection when Kodi dims the screen due to inactivity, any input on the controller will cancel the dim.

Also, received "Version Check Error" dialog at profile selection screen. Unable to access logs to provide any additional info.
 I get the same issue. Three different profiles. I set one up quit out of Kodi and when I go to log back in it freezes and says version check error and I cannot switch to a different profile or select the one it is on.
(2018-03-18, 21:18)xbmcuser101 Wrote: I get the same issue. Three different profiles. I set one up quit out of Kodi and when I go to log back in it freezes and says version check error and I cannot switch to a different profile or select the one it is on.
It's a known issue. The solution isn't easy to implement right now. Just don't use profiles at this stage or use keyboard/remote on logon.
No need to post it few times.
@afedchin

It had been almost a month since the last post. I wasn't sure if there had been any updates.

I did find a possible workaround for multiple profiles. It works for me, I haven't tested using advanced settings for my SQL box yet but hopefully this helps some others out as I haven't seen a work around for this issue.

When you set up profiles don't enable the log on screen. When you want to change profiles just use the power button in KODI to log off your current profile and then pick the profile you want. When you are done with KODI just use the power button on KODI and choose exit. All my profiles seem to work fine. The only catch is, if you use a numeric password for a profile (master on mine) and click exit KODI defaults to that profile on next login and skips the password prompt. If you are switching between profiles as I explained above the password works. Workaround for that would be always log in to a non password profile before exiting KODI.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Stuck on profiles logon0