When Exiting Kodi On Original xbox one, black screen occurs
When Exiting Kodi On Original xbox one, there is a black screen that shows on the TV. There are no menus, nothing. The TV just goes black. 

I have to turn off my Xbox one, and then turn it back on, and then everything is fine.
You must be new on xbox, most of games don't have exit button in menu.

Just exit with Xbox button on controller.
If you want kill process, go to main screen on dashboard, click ≡ (start) and then Close.
You don't need to turn your Xbox off after the black screen occurs. Just open the Xbox guide and go to home, the Xbox I still active even if all you see is the black screen. For Xbox we shouldn't use the kodi menu to close the app.
Maybe a good idea to not have the power OFF menu on the xbox one version.
or
An exit link tied to the x button.
(2018-01-01, 21:42)s2tephen Wrote: Maybe a good idea to not have the power OFF menu on the xbox one version.

any power option will be not available in next version except exit.
brilliant minds think alike
I'm so used to closing it  out this way I did it on Xbox too, didn't crash the system or anything.  Just did the expected behavior of closing Kodi and then black screen because Xbox didn't know what to do next.  Is it possible for this option to be removed?  Itll cause less confusion and less posts for newbies to Kodi wondering what happened.  I'm familiar enough with Kodi that I realized what happened and wont do it again, but can see it being a recurring question.
(2018-01-01, 21:46)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-01-01, 21:42)s2tephen Wrote: Maybe a good idea to not have the power OFF menu on the xbox one version.

any power option will be not available in next version except exit. 
If we're talking about hiding things also "Windowed" option in settings should only be visible on PC.
When using the power button in the top left and clicking on exit, that is when the black screen occurred. 

I did try and hit the xbox button, and nothing happened, its like it was locked out. The entire xbox menu was locked somehow. so that is when I had no other recourse except to hit the power button on the xbox, and then turn it back on, and everything was fine.
will be fixed in next update

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
When Exiting Kodi On Original xbox one, black screen occurs0