crash log generation without any KODI
I do not understand how to make a crash log without Kodi. Just came from the wiki. I don't get it. Kodi won't install any more.

I updated Kodi and Mint it worked for a while, but with some crashes-not enough to bother me, then KODI reverted to an earlier version, had errors, I removed some stuff and now it won't load at all.  It won't install, from terminal or the normal UI.

but now I'm stuck at this "crash log" requirement. I'm not slow, I'm just unfamiliar with the "under the hood stuff" of software.  Using Mint, 18.3 Mate, but don't even know where to look at kernel version and all that jazz anymore. I'm sure I've seen it.  I know it can be viewed in Kodi. Sorry I'm so lame, thanks for some pointers.
(2018-01-01, 19:42)Wade Patton Wrote: I do not understand how to make a crash log without Kodi. Just came from the wiki. I don't get it. Kodi won't install any more.

I updated Kodi and Mint it worked for a while, but with some crashes-not enough to bother me, then KODI reverted to an earlier version, had errors, I removed some stuff and now it won't load at all.  It won't install, from terminal or the normal UI.

but now I'm stuck at this "crash log" requirement. I'm not slow, I'm just unfamiliar with the "under the hood stuff" of software.  Using Mint, 18.3 Mate, but don't even know where to look at kernel version and all that jazz anymore. I'm sure I've seen it.  I know it can be viewed in Kodi. Sorry I'm so lame, thanks for some pointers.

okay I found crashlogs, a stack of them. now what?

I did "ls" command and got a list of these: "kodi_crashlog-20171227_xxx.log " about eight of them from a few days ago before I killed it altogether.
(2018-01-01, 20:22)Wade Patton Wrote:
(2018-01-01, 19:42)Wade Patton Wrote: I do not understand how to make a crash log without Kodi. Just came from the wiki. I don't get it. Kodi won't install any more.

okay I found crashlogs, a stack of them. now what?

I did "ls" command and got a list of these: "kodi_crashlog-20171227_xxx.log " about eight of them from a few days ago before I killed it altogether. 
 I know how to take screenshots, and have one of those files and the "history" results but am not sure about posting it here.  Is a pic okay?  I do understand that posting "crashlogs" directly is strictly verboten.

Also, since I have now found some crashlogs my initial question has been answered.  So, slap a lid on this one and start over?
open the last one of those files, go to http://paste.ubuntu.com and copy all the text into the site. - done
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-01-01, 20:58)fritsch Wrote: open the last one of those files, go to http://paste.ubuntu.com and copy all the text into the site. - done
how to "open".

I'm just beginning to learn terminal commands, as I try to get away from "copy/pasting" solutions (as did work in the past, but now I must learn more)
same problem, different thread. Discussion will go on at the other thread:

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=326364

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
crash log generation without any KODI0