v18 Channel #s displayed in Kodi TVH PVR views don't match actual EPG Data's ?
I run Kodi
Code:
    Kodi 18.0-ALPHA1 Git:20171217-66c8cac

I've installed TVHeadEnd
Code:
    HTS Tvheadend 4.3-861~g715a4a844

and configured it with SchedulesDirect as the internal grabber.

It pulls all my channels. I then mapped my 'EPG Sources'.

I end up with "Channels" including for example,
Code:
    Name    Number    EPG Source
    ------    ------    ---------------------------------------------
    KRCB-DT     22.1    "22-1 KRCBDT","22-1 KRCBDT PC:94131","22-1","23 KRCBDT fcc","KRCBDT","KRCBDT (KRCB-DT)","PBS Affiliate"
    KRCB-C     22.2    "22-2 KRCBDT2","22-2 KRCBDT2 PC:94131","22-2","23 KRCBDT2 fcc","KRCBDT2","KRCBDT2 (KRCB-DT2)","Independent"
    NHKWORL     22.3    "22-3 KRCBDT3","22-3 KRCBDT3 PC:94131","22-3","23 KRCBDT3 fcc","KRCBDT3","KRCBDT3 (KRCB-DT3)","Independent"

But in Kodi's view of the EPG, at
Code:
    TV / Channels / All Channels
    TV / Timeline / All Channels

I don't see the "hyphenated" or "dotted" channel numbers. Instead I just see
Code:
    22 KRCB-DT
    23 KRCB-C
    24 NHKWORL

Of course those "Channel Numbers" aren't what I tune to.  I actually tune to the hyphenated "22-1, 22-2, 22-3" ...

How do I get Kodi's Channel Guides to display the ACTUAL epg data's channel numbers, "22-1, 22-2, 22-3" ?
In the PVR settings is an option to use the channel numbers from the backend. That's the setting you need to enable.
(2018-01-02, 04:41)rpcameron Wrote: In the PVR settings is an option to use the channel numbers from the backend. That's the setting you need to enable.
 That was quick -- and works perfectly. Thanks !!

I never thought to look for that.  I can't off the bat think of a reason you woudn't want to use the channels from whatever backend you set up.
(2018-01-02, 04:46)ahenry Wrote:
(2018-01-02, 04:41)rpcameron Wrote: In the PVR settings is an option to use the channel numbers from the backend. That's the setting you need to enable.
 That was quick -- and works perfectly. Thanks !!

I never thought to look for that.  I can't off the bat think of a reason you woudn't want to use the channels from whatever backend you set up. 
 If you have multiple backends configured—meaning you have enabled more than one PVR client—Kodi will ignore this setting and manage the channel numbers itself.

While I agree this is a rather pointless setting, I think the more frustrating aspect of it is that all "use ___ from backend" options are not enabled by default. While Kodi may be one of the better HTPC software packages and interfaces out there, it still have quite a ways to go to refine its settings/UI/UX to truly be the best HTPC software/STB replacement.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Channel #s displayed in Kodi TVH PVR views don't match actual EPG Data's ?0