how to share my video, series, animes in my server kodi in windows to xbox one?
Hello, I used the emby for a long time and when connecting it to the xbox it already locates my server on the computer using windows, my question is: I installed and configured kodi on my pc, but I can not find the media in my xbox one, how to do this?
(2018-01-03, 13:35)lokize Wrote: Hello, I used the emby for a long time and when connecting it to the xbox it already locates my server on the computer using windows, my question is: I installed and configured kodi on my pc, but I can not find the media in my xbox one, how to do this?
Just try to run NFS server on windows pc and will share folder.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAr8mdvDp2A
(2018-01-03, 15:56)AlexDem Wrote:  
hi, thanks for reply, but not work for me, i already testing this method...
Well nfs does work,  so you did something wrong.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi, 

I too can confirm that sharing from Windows to Kodi on XBOX does work with NFS. Depending on whether you need UTF-8 characters (most notably German umlauts) supported in filenames or not there are different options:
1) Windows Server 2012 built in NFS server or WinNFSd for other Windows versions - no UTF8 support
2) hanewin NFS server for Windows versions starting with XP up to Win10 - supports UTF8 characters and the Kodi NFS component even discovers the NFS server without the need to specify IP or name

I ended up with 2) since I need the UTF8 support. Configuration is fairly easy and well documented. For a start you might want to share a test folder with wide open permissions and see if you can connect to it. Then narrow down and finally apply to your media folders.
Also make sure your firewall is configured to allow access to the needed network ports.
(2018-01-03, 21:14)lokize Wrote:
hi, thanks for reply, but not work for me, i already testing this method... 
try to run ftp server, I tested it on NAS with Xbox KODI, works fine...
Just in case you aren't aware (I wasn't) you have to leave the command prompt or power shell windows open after you run WinNFSd.  Closing the window shuts it down so your xbox won't find the shares.
the problem with nas, is that every folder I am going to share will have to open the cmd and connect it or can I do it automatically every time the computer starts?
(2018-01-04, 16:35)lokize Wrote: the problem with nas, is that every folder I am going to share will have to open the cmd and connect it or can I do it automatically every time the computer starts?
 According to the usage information on the WinNFSd GitHub, you can create a text file (pathfile) to set up more than one NFS share and then open the "pathfile" with WinNFSd.  Another post says you can set it up to auto start with Task Scheduler, but I've never done it so can't really offer any guidance there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0m1lxRLWNVA This settings are work nice
(2018-01-03, 13:35)lokize Wrote: Hello, I used the emby for a long time and when connecting it to the xbox it already locates my server on the computer using windows, my question is: I installed and configured kodi on my pc, but I can not find the media in my xbox one, how to do this?
Just try to run NFS server on windows pc and will share folder.
 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAr8mdvDp2A 
This should work I also follow these when I setup my server.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to share my video, series, animes in my server kodi in windows to xbox one?0