Media Manager that runs on a Synology NAS?
Hi there,

is there any possible solution to run a media manager like Ember oder TinyMediaManager on a Synology NAS? My NAS also supports Docker.

All i'm needing is to fetch artwork and create NFO files for my movies and tv shows, that are both stored locally (here: on the same NAS) in the according movie and tv show folders.

I read about TinyMediaManager in Docker - is this still working?
Is there a media manager with a native Synology package?
There is a Filebot package, but as far as i know there is no functionality for artwork?

Are there any other options?

Thanks for your help.
What benefits do you expect form an application running directly on your NAS vs started portable on your PC?
Or do you want to manage your files via web from outside?
tinyMediaManager - THE media manager of your choice :)
Wanna help translate TMM ?
(2018-01-04, 15:56)myron Wrote: Or do you want to manage your files via web from outside?

Yes.
I don‘t have a Synology NAS, but you should have a look at Emby. It supports Synology:

https://emby.media/nas-server.html

Greetings Hoppel
frontend: nvidia shield tv 2019 pro | apple tv 4k | sonos arc 5.1.2 | lg oled65c97la
backend: supermicro x11ssh-ctf | xeon | 64gb ecc | wd red | zfs raid-z2 | dd max s8

software: debian | proxmox | openmediavault | docker | kodi | emby | tvheadend | fhem | unifi
(2018-01-04, 15:56)myron Wrote: What benefits do you expect form an application running directly on your NAS vs started portable on your PC?
Or do you want to manage your files via web from outside?
 I have an automatic set-up, and having something like that would complete my set-up with very little human interaction, for me I will only need the command line.

My set up in my synology NAS is like this

1) Once a day filebot checks the download folder and process the movies and TV shows, renames then move the videos to my library, it also renames the subtitles and adds the language suffix.
2) Then I have Emby to add only the NFO. 
3) I will have TMM add the images.
4) I also use the subliminal program to add subtitle to the movies and shows.

All of the above is done automatically because I've set scheduled tasks, all I do is choose the movies to download, and everything else is automatic.

The only thing that was not automatic in my set up was the program that added the artwork, I was using Ember and will have to turn on my PC to run it from time to time.

I just found out that TMM has a Docker image from Hurricane that I will try, I will have to re-scrape my entire library using TMM because I did set Ember to name the artwork like kodi in their settings, by doing that it adds the movie name to the Banner, Clearart, Clearlogo, Discart, landscape Example: (Moviename (2018)-Clearlogo).

I could use Filebot and Emby to add the artwork but those lack of a lot of images that TMM or Ember can add like actors, extrafanart, extrathumbs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Media Manager that runs on a Synology NAS?0