XBOX Setting Up XBOX One DVR through KODI?
Hey guys, I haven't used KODI since it was called XBMC but I downloaded it the other day on my XBOX One and now I am trying to figure out how to set it up and use it as a DVR so I can record cable TV.  Lots of news articles say you can use KODI as a DVR on XBOX but there are no tutorials I can find on how to do this.  I have googled around and can't find any specific info on how to set the DVR service up for XBOX.  I have no idea which add ons I should install/which are the best/etc.  I already have my cable running through my XBOX but do not have a Kinect or IR cord yet, but I can buy one as I assume I will need one so the DVR program can change the channels on its own to record the scheduled programs.
It's possible to view live TV and recordings through Kodi. You can even do timeshiftimg. However, for this to happen it relies on additional software which does the interfacing to cable / satellite or whatever TV provider you have.

One popular solution is TVHeadend to which Kodi can connect. For this (or other DVR solutions) to work with the XBOX, you need to install it on a separate machine which could be a NAS, Server PC or even a Raspberry PI. The reason is that currently, there are no XBOX versions of DVR software packages. 

This might be helpful: http://kodi.wiki/view/Tvheadend

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Setting Up XBOX One DVR through KODI?0