v13 Invisible Files/Folders
I'm having a strange problem on my admittedly old system. I'm running XBMC 13.2 on my old Raspberry Pi 1. I use this system at my camper where internet access is non existent.

I brought a bunch of downloaded TV episodes to the trailer to watch while I'm here. I copied everything off 6 thumb drives onto the my external hard drive using XBMC's file manager.

Once I finished, the files and new folders didn't show up. The files that were originally on the drive showed up and played fine.

I connected the external drive to my Windows machine and everything showed up perfectly. I made sure that "Everyone" had full access rights, although admittedly I don't know how that applies to Linux.

Can anybody give me an idea where to go now? I can access the files from there individual thumb drives but I'm trying to make this as wife-friendly as possible.

Thanks for reading this far. Any replies are appreciated.

PC
please update to a supported kodi version. XBMC 13 is long outdated and not supported anymore.
What OS are you running?
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL
(2018-01-04, 08:49)speedwell68 Wrote: What OS are you running?

It's Raspbmc.

Lasts night I formatted the external drive and copied everything back to onto it using Win10. It's now working fine.

I'd still like to know what the problem was.

Is there a way to get to a terminal screen to do some poking around?

I guess that SSH might work.
When you get a chance, it's probably a good idea to update to OSMC.
That is exactly what I was going to say.
HTPCs: 2 x Chromecast with Google TV
Audio: Pioneer VSX-819HK & S-HS 100 5.1 Speakers
Server: HP Compaq Pro 6300, 4GB RAM, 8.75TB, Bodhi Linux 5.x, NFS, MySQL

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Invisible Files/Folders0