Can Kodi bitstream on Xbox One?
what about having wrapper function for xbox one or play with external payer support to play with microsoft inbuilt player to get bitstreaming? hope it should work?
It's just not possible.
A little example: a file exists at NFS/SMB share. Not all players can play a file from network shares.
The same for external HDD/USB: an app may not have capability to work with external storage.
(2018-03-19, 13:36)Doc.AB Wrote:
(2018-01-20, 20:53)janherko Wrote: I have a handful of HD audio demos in different formats (Atmos, True HD, DD+, DTS HD, DTS:X). When I play them back thru Movies or Media Player (both MS apps), I can only get those in Atmos in bitstream, i.e. my AVR displays Atmos as an incoming signal...any other format is either played back in PCM or I don’t get any sound at all.

That means bitstream is already supported for the MS proprietary apps, but only for Dolby Atmos.
 Interesting. I also have a bunch of Atmos demo files that I tried playing in the Film & TV app (why have they changed the name, I don't know. In the store it still appears as Movies & TV).
None of the Atmos tracks played. I have bitstream enabled and Dolby Atmos selected.
What I found was that if there was an AC3 track in addition to the Atmos one, then it got played. But if there was only an Atmos track I got no sound. This is on a new One S, by the way.

I too have an XB1S and the demos I’m talking about are from here:
http://www.demo-world.eu/2d-demo-trailers-hd/

(Atmos, True HD, DTS:X, DTS-HD)
(2018-03-30, 16:02)afedchin Wrote: It's just not possible.
A little example: a file exists at NFS/SMB share. Not all players can play a file from network shares.
The same for external HDD/USB: an app may not have capability to work with external storage.

Damn. I was waiting for Xbox version for a long time. I thought I can throw out all my media players and 4k Players and keep xbox one x as one device to rule them all ..but it is not gonna happen for now... Microsoft screwed our hopes.. any news from Microsoft about this request?
(2018-03-30, 19:28)hifikid80 Wrote:

Damn. I was waiting for Xbox version for a long time. I thought I can throw out all my media players and 4k Players and keep xbox one x as one device to rule them all ..but it is not gonna happen for now... Microsoft screwed our hopes.. any news from Microsoft about this request?

Feel for yaSmile I’ve been bombing them about this for a year (proper bitstream at system level or at least via their own Movies app), filed a lot of complaints and feedbacks via chats and Insider Hub...d’bags seem not to be reacting so far, unfortunately.
(2018-03-30, 19:28)hifikid80 Wrote:

Ditto.

I'm still not clear why the KODI app cannot be deployed in the same way the Netflix and VUDU apps were.  I'm guessing its because someone figured out there would be a whole lot more functionality that wouldn't work that way.

At this point in time, are there any XBOX apps that can reliably stream local movies with HD audio?
It’s already been answered on this thread why some app can bitstream but Kodi can’t.
(2018-04-07, 14:26)jjd-uk Wrote: It’s already been answered on this thread why some app can bitstream but Kodi can’t.
Assuming you're responding to my post...

I saw those.  That's why I said what I said - doesn't quite make sense for those of us not as well-versed in UWP.
(2018-04-07, 16:47)fganter Wrote:
(2018-04-07, 14:26)jjd-uk Wrote: It’s already been answered on this thread why some app can bitstream but Kodi can’t.

I saw those.  That's why I said what I said - doesn't quite make sense for those of us not as well-versed in UWP. 
as said before in the thread, even though Netflix is a 3rd party app  like Kodi ,  but Netflix app is basically a html website  run via the  Microsoft Edge browser .
(2018-04-07, 21:22)Sidewinder_2011 Wrote:
(2018-04-07, 16:47)fganter Wrote:

as said before in the thread, even though Netflix is a 3rd party app  like Kodi ,  but Netflix app is basically a html website  run via the  Microsoft Edge browser . 
Sigh...
Can someone explain to me what's going on with the Dolby Atmos for home theater setting (on XBOX)?  When set, everything I play (even non-Atmos tracks) is bitstreamed as Dolby Atmos - i.e. my receiver sees it as Dolby Atmos.

Is KODI really sending the Dolby Atmos track for the movies that have it?  I wouldn't think so, based on prior comments, but...
(2018-04-27, 04:09)fganter Wrote: Is KODI really sending the Dolby Atmos track for the movies that have it?  I wouldn't think so, based on prior comments, but...

No, Kodi isn't sending Atmos streams, it can send only PCM due to system restrictions. but system is transcoding PCM into Atmos.
(2018-04-28, 08:15)afedchin Wrote:
(2018-04-27, 04:09)fganter Wrote: Is KODI really sending the Dolby Atmos track for the movies that have it?  I wouldn't think so, based on prior comments, but...

No, Kodi isn't sending Atmos streams, it can send only PCM due to system restrictions. but system is transcoding PCM into Atmos.  
Thanks for the clarification.  That's exactly what I was expecting to hear, although I was hoping you'd say, "The latest XBOX update also allows KODI to leverage passthru audio".  Oh, well...

One thing this does seem to do... In a small way gives running KODI on XBOX an edge over running KODI on Raspberry Pi - possibly enough for me to use my XBOX instead of my Pi.
Have anyone heard about any updates in this regard?
(2018-06-11, 02:33)nicolajhl Wrote: Have anyone heard about any updates in this regard?
Unfortunately, it appears there is no progress on this front.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can Kodi bitstream on Xbox One?0