Brightness control
Hey all,

My XBMC video output is too dark compared to the other inputs in my TV. If I change my TV brightness the other inputs will be way too light - is there a way to tweak brightness/contrast through XBMC? Or through Ubuntu?

Thanks,

Nic
Surely your TV has per-input brightness settings? Most have per channel settings as well.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

If you have nvidia it has brightness controlls in nvidia-settings. I'm sure ATI have something alike. Can't say for sure if your on intel gfx.
If you have problems please read this before posting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"Well Im gonna download the code and look at it a bit but I'm certainly not a really good C/C++ programer but I'd help as much as I can, I mostly write in C#."
You can change the contrast and gamma inside of XBMC, in the video controls, can't you? Or do those controls not work in the linux version?
rodalpho Wrote:You can change the contrast and gamma inside of XBMC, in the video controls, can't you? Or do those controls not work in the linux version?

They work for me.

While playing a file, pause it and access to the brightness, contrast and gamma controls.
It can be made the default for all the videos in this very same settings panel.
I only have access to overscan and subtitle options. Can't seem to find any way to adjust picture settings.
It's in the OSD Video settings, not the player settings.
althekiller Wrote:It's in the OSD Video settings, not the player settings.

I can only seem to find the same options there. Could it have something to do with the Hardy PPA version I'm using?

( Watching video with keyboard attached -> press enter -> onscreen osd pops up -> goes to video settings in the osd -> finds overscan and subtitles settings, nothing else. I might just be dumb and blind ?)

SVN 15613

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Brightness control0