v18 PVR deinterlacing issue
Sorry to be unclear, please try upcoming nightly. Also are you running Windows?
Seems to work now with the latest 2018-06-24 nightly version.

One strange thing:
The onscreen statistics ("I" key on keyboard) shows 50fps for a few seconds after channel switching, then switches to 25fps.
The actual fps seems to remain at 50fps, as expected for interlaced material.

- Win10 x64
- i7-4790k haswell HD4600 (DXVA)
- DvbViewer PVR plugin
Thx a lot for the info.
(2018-06-23, 19:45)popy Wrote: Sorry to be unclear, please try upcoming nightly. Also are you running Windows?
 Yes, Windows 8.1 x64. PVR IPTV Simple Client. Tried latest night build but still no de-interlacing.
Not at home to try it myself, but in my case, deactivating dxva2 and my workaround from may 19 post in this thread solved it for me.

Can you please try out.
(2018-06-24, 20:34)popy Wrote: Not at home to try it myself, but in my case, deactivating dxva2 and my workaround from may 19 post in this thread solved it for me.

Can you please try out.
Thanks for your advice!
Tried disabling and then enabling DXVA deinterlacing, applying to all inputs and restarting playback several times but unfortunately that didn't help.
Hi guys,

Unfortunately no success in de-interlacing! Tried the last nightly but the issue is still there...using Windows 10 and ArgusTV PVR client.

I will try the suggestion from popy as a possible workaround.

Stay tuned...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
Hi,

Just upgraded to Leia from Krypton and also finding this problem - Windows 10 64 with TV Mosaic.  Everything working perfectly with Krypton but with live TV on Leia, about 5 secs after the channel loads, the de-interlacing stops.  I've even done a clean re-install of windows but no joy.

I've tried the suggested workaround (disabling then re-enabling de-interlacing) but that only works on the channel I'm watching - as soon as I switch channels, problem comes back.

I've updated to the latest nightly but again with no joy...

Is anyone able to suggest anything else that I could try or is just a case of waiting until issue is fixed in later builds?

Thanks
I'm seeing this is well, has anybody provided logs for this issue?

Happy to submit some later if not.  I've tried Kodi 18 Alpha 3 and the latest nightlies, both affected.
Hi folks,

Did someone give a try with the Beta 1? Any good new?

Cheers!
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
Yep. De-interlacing is working again (latest night build).
(2018-08-29, 20:36)mv-- Wrote: Yep. De-interlacing is working again (latest night build).
Mmmmm...I don't think so...

I really hope that this issue can be fixed for whan Kodi 18 will be released...

Have a good evening!
For me deinterlacing is still working with nightly build KodiSetup-20180807-164db1c2-master-x64. Every build that I tried after that has broken deinterlacing and also lots of video stutter. Turning deinterlacing off and on doesn't remove the stutter.

Looks like these two pull requests were merged when deinterlacing broke again:

14276 (PR)
14278 (PR)
Kodi @ NVidia Shield Android TV, Asrock J3455-ITX (LibreELEC Server), Windows 10, and Nexus 7 (2013)
Please try the build resulting from here: http://jenkins.kodi.tv/job/WIN-64/6521/ it will land here: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windows/win64/ and has deint3 in its name

Edit:
Build1: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...t3-x64.exe
Build2: http://mirrors.kodi.tv/test-builds/windo...t4-x64.exe

Any of those builds working?
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR deinterlacing issue2