v18 PVR deinterlacing issue
Maybe it's hardware related, I am on nvidia 1030. Which hardware do you have?
I have an APU AMD A8-6500 with an integrated AMD Radeon HD 8570D...

Anyway, deinterlacing was working without any issue in the previous version of Kodi; same hardware of course.
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
In case you found useful my work, feel free to offer me a cappuccino!
I got the same Problem.

Win 10 Pro - Intel Pentium G4560 (OnBoard Intel HD 610)
Kodi 18 Beta 2 - 64 Bit

DXVA Deinterlacing is not working. Kodi 17 works fine.

Greetings
MrNike
(2018-09-15, 17:44)MrNike Wrote: I got the same Problem.

Kodi 18 Beta 2 - 64 Bit

Greetings
MrNike
The good new is that the issue doesn't affect only AMD platforms...
Light IMDb Ratings Update - Keep updated the IMDb ratings for your movies and TV shows.
I have had issues with micro stuttering in beta 1 and 2, although I haven't had any issues with deinterlacing (i never turned hardware deinterlacing off so maybe that's why).  I found the problem was caused by the introduction of smooth motion.  As the "deint4" build was no longer available I cloned and built kodi (beta 2) myself, removing the smooth motion code.  Doing so fixed my micro judder.  I think it would be very useful to have a GUI setting to turn smooth motion on or off.

The smooth motion code seemed to cause several strange behaviours - for example playing 25p live TV and 50Hz (in my build it now switches to 25p as expected).  I suspect it is related to the deinterlacing problems too
Core i3 6100T 3.2GHz, 8Gb, GTX 1050Ti 4Gb, BenQ W2000 + 133" screen / Sharp LC40
Windows 7 x64, LAV, MPC-HC, MAD-VR, Kodi 18 with Aeon Nox Silvo, Emby Server, DVBLink 6
9 other systems also running Kodi via 1Gb Ethernet and BT "Whole Home WiFi"
16Tb storage array with WD Red 3Tb drives and Areca 1222 Raid-6

Kodi 18 Beta 2 - 64 Bit

Greetings
MrNike
I did a new install with Beta 3 and the deinterlace is working again. My Problem probably was not related to the discussed issue.

Greetings
MrNike
(2018-10-07, 16:28)MrNike Wrote:

Kodi 18 Beta 2 - 64 Bit

Greetings
MrNike
I did a new install with Beta 3 and the deinterlace is working again. My Problem probably was not related to the discussed issue.

Greetings
MrNike 
 I hope is going to work also on my AMD based system. I will report here back as soon as I will be able to try the new build.
I can also confirm that since beta3 dxva + deinterlace is stable in my two windows 10 x64 1803 clients with nvidia 1030.

pOpY
Unfortunately I have to report back that on my setup the de-interlacing issue still persists...

I really hope that this will be fixed for the official release of Leia...
(2018-10-22, 09:17)axlt2002 Wrote: Unfortunately I have to report back that on my setup the de-interlacing issue still persists...

Does it work with Windows 7 and the default AMD drivers on this system? Seeing yet another AMD driver breakage way too often ...
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-10-22, 21:01)fritsch Wrote:
(2018-10-22, 09:17)axlt2002 Wrote: Unfortunately I have to report back that on my setup the de-interlacing issue still persists...

Does it work with Windows 7 and the default AMD drivers on this system? Seeing yet another AMD driver breakage way too often ... 
Hi fritsch,

Thanks for your answer. Unfortunately I can not test it on a Windows 7 installation...what I can just say is that Kodi 17.6 has not this issue using the default AMD drivers available for my graphic card and APU (so no updates to the latest crappy drivers version).

The issue is anyway always the same: while during the video playback you go to the video settings and disabling-enabling DVXA deinterlacing, everything starts to be ok; until changing the TV channel...this means that deinterlacing can correctly work under certain conditions the are triggered by the settings change described above.

Anyway you can find logs in a couple of my previous posts.

Thanks, Alex.
I also have exactly this problem. On kodi 16, during development version PVR stream was interlaced. Then near the end the problem was suddenly sorted and works fine. Now on Leia it is the same again, I wont repeat what other guys already said here. I have a fairly low spec htpc with a Radeaon HD 5760 and an intel CPU.
(2018-11-04, 18:27)Darker Wrote: I also have exactly this problem. On kodi 16, during development version PVR stream was interlaced. Then near the end the problem was suddenly sorted and works fine. Now on Leia it is the same again, I wont repeat what other guys already said here. I have a fairly low spec htpc with a Radeaon HD 5760 and an intel CPU.
 "Happy" to read that I'm not the only one...Let's cross our fingers...it seems that the first official release of Leia is near...despite this issue...
(2018-10-22, 21:01)fritsch Wrote:

Hi fritsh...do you know if someone is working on this bug? Kodi 18 first release seems approaching...

- Update -

Just to inform that I have opened a related issue on GitHub.
No one to my knowledge.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR deinterlacing issue2