Beta Yet *another* Kodi+Steam plugin
Hi @aanderse 
I like to thank you for this plugin. It is a lot more comfortable to launch my steam games this way. Also I like the integration in kodi and style of presentation.
I am pretty sure that I now will launch my games more often then usual.
As I have a slow internet connection I have to launch steam sometimes to get my updates downloaded for my library.
Maybe there could be an option to launch into plain big picture mode to get it up running. This would skip the launch of a title and exiting it first.
Then I can minimize steam bpm and use kodi again.
Its just a thought and I recognize its really special interest but I think its worth a shot.
Anyway thank you very much for your addon it is beautiful and already up to date for python 3 and works like a charm on my matrix 19.1
Btw is there an repo, yet? To get updates for your addon? I really dont want to miss it.Big Grin
stay healthy
ninja
Thanks for update addon for kodi 19

Hi @ninjafuchs thanks! I just set steam to auto launch into the background when I start my computer. That works like a charm.
Hi @aanderse ,
How do you manage to switch applications from kodi to minimized Steam.
I cant find a comfortable way. What is your secret?
Kind regards
ninja
Hi @ninjafuchs.

I run kodi on Linux. What do you run kodi on?

I have a dedicated htpc user which automatically logs in when the computer starts up and has finished connecting to the network. From there I have a service which automatically starts kodi once the htpc user logs in, and restarts kodi automatically if kodi ever happens to crash. I use openbox as a window manager, but hide all window bars. It is a good idea to use a window manager if you want to be able to switch between kodi and steam easily. Using a window manager will properly direct your input to the correct application (kodi vs steam).

I hope that helps!
Iam using kodi on linux aswell.
I had an similar setup earlier. I had problems with switching to steam bpm. As I  have a slow internet connection. And need to run it in the background to get my games updated. So I have to switch from now to then to steam without playing a game. How do you do it? I dont want to use a mouse as I have a little remote and dont want to look for the mouse somewhere.
@aanderse 

Hi I love this plugin. I use it on Windows.

Can I request a feature?  In Steam you can see Collections in the libary, for example I have:
  • Action
  • Stragety
  • BoardGames
  • Controllers (Full)
  • Controllers (Partial)
  • Not Games
  • Non-Steam Games
  • VR
Is there any way you could incorporate these into the app, as the options I have are:
All Games
Installed Games
Recently Played

Which is awesome but would be great if we could either make our own collections within the addon or import them into the addon from Steam?
Or a facility to hide games, for example I have ChessVR (it looks horrendous the poster and I no longer use it)  Big Grin

Awesome add-on
@aanderse 

Hi I think the app may have stopped working in Kodi Nexus.  I have reinstalled, setup a new api.  But it does not seem to work any longer.
is It possible to check?

would really like to get it back working again.

thanks
(2023-02-04, 03:56)Smokeycoles Wrote: @aanderse 

Hi I think the app may have stopped working in Kodi Nexus.  I have reinstalled, setup a new api.  But it does not seem to work any longer.
is It possible to check?

would really like to get it back working again.

thanks

I'm getting the same thing.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Yet *another* Kodi+Steam plugin1