v17 IPTV Simple client plays streams for only 30 seconds and then stops playing
Dear all,

I have Kodi 17.6 Krypton installed on windows 7 64 bit. I just recently learned about watching live TV on kodi using the simple IPTV client. So I did some google searching and this was the issues I am running into:

1) any m3u list I get and save directly to my C drive will in most cases play in the iptv simple client but it will only for about 30-45 seconds and then the stream will stop.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

2) Many of the free m3u file lists available on the internet do not work and have 3000-10000 global channels on it. Another issues is that you need to continuously chase them down every day to keep them up to date (this is not ideal)

I do not need 500-10000 channels. I only need a hand full of United States channels like:

AMC
FOX US News
Discovery channel
Cartoon network

Preferably in HD but SD will do as well. 

I am even willing to pay for these channels on a monthly basis if need be but not looking to pay over 3-5 Dollars per month.

Does anyone know of a extremely reliable m3u list services of US based channels that would fit what I am looking for?  Again I don't need a list of 500 or more US channels just 5-10 will do.

Thank you for your time.
Sounds like you are looking for an easy solution to avoid paying subscription costs by finding and using pirated streams.

No help here for that.

No, we don't know of reliable pirated streams.

Just because you pay some unknown site $3-5 does not make them legitimate.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
No I did not say I am looking for pirated streams - who has a reliable service where I can pay for a hand full of US based channels? Geez a little harsh are we?
We're just fed up of people who ignore the forum rules (wiki) and the piracy policy (wiki) that they accept when they sign up here, and who think Kodi is a panacea to piracy and getting media for free that they should be paying for.

We neither make nor profit from piracy, third party addons which lead people blindly into it or manufacturers who peddle cheap junk stuffed full of the crap and then run off with the profit and offer no support when the crap creases to work after a short time.

So no, of you're trying to get free lists off the net to work then it's between you and the cesspits they're trawled up from to deal with, and the legal and malware consequences that may occur from doing so.

You explicitly talked about free m3u files from the internet, which are synonymous with piracy. So in effect you actually did say you were looking for them. Instead you need to be looking for a reputable seller like Play.On or similar, not a dodgy cheap illegal reseller.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Or to put it another way, ask AMC, FOX US News, Discovery channel and Cartoon network how to get their streams legally and cheaply.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Or ask them how to get them for free and compare their response of you think ours is harsh...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2018-01-06, 23:13)newbie_HTPC Wrote: No I did not say I am looking for pirated streams
Nor did you specify that you are not looking for pirated streams.

Honestly, talk about 5,000-10,000 channel m3u lists, what do you expect?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
IPTV Simple client plays streams for only 30 seconds and then stops playing0