Bug mkv playback freezing and system unresponsive
Hi 

i am using latest openelec on intel  atom board using msata drive and 4gb ram , MKV playback seems to freeze after one hour or so, system unresponsive so have to hard reboot, no issues on temp or hardware load.

i have attached last log file below and would appreciate any help, driving me mad 

https://paste.ubuntu.com/26338311/
You are running a rather outdated version of Kodi. Try v18 and check if the issues is still present.
hi thx for the reply , my only real options are openelec or libreelec as using on a intel built in cpu atom  board unless you can suggest any other embedded options to try?

i have tried both with same issue and i can only get whatever version of kodi they currently use but open to all ideas.

i am thinking either ram or msata issue?
Milhouse provides v18 builds: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=298462
Quote:Host CPU: Intel® Celeron® CPU J1900 @ 1.99GHz, 4 cores available

This is a hardware bug, see: https://bugzilla.kernel.org/show_bug.cgi?id=109051

For a short term workaround, you can disable all C-STATES > 1 by specifying intel_idle.max_cstate=1 to the boot cmdline

Edit: I pinged the LE folks so that the proper fixes can be added to the nightlies and to the stable version of LE.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
@incadar I've uploaded build #0106b that includes the patches from the bug @fritsch mentioned: Generic

This build is based on LibreELEC 9.0 and Kodi 18a1, and includes the latest fixes for Meltdown in kernel 4.14.12.

Download the tar file into the Update folder and reboot your OpenELEC, after the upgrade has completed you should reboot into LibreELEC 9.0.

Please give it a try and report if it improves your situation or not. These patches (if they work) will be included in future nightly builds of LibreELEC 9.0.

At this time there are no plans for another release of LibreELEC 8.2.
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
@incadar Can you confirm if the patches have made any difference?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Hi Millhouse

first thanks for your help on this, i just picked up your reply and will test now

i dont see 0106B on 0106? or should i just try latest release 0110?

ill let you know how we get on
sorry just reread the post and saw link for 106B
Hi Millhouse

ok i used your version thanks and have been testing playback now on 10 different  players without a freeze, thanks for your help and let me know when you add to your daily build, do you also have a daily windows build?
Windows is not affected by the fix we introduced - it was a Linux Kernelfix only (for the freezing side). For the kodi side - you can install a windows nightly from the usual place.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
(2018-01-14, 10:56)incadar Wrote: Hi Millhouse

ok i used your version thanks and have been testing playback now on 10 different  players without a freeze, thanks for your help and let me know when you add to your daily build, do you also have a daily windows build?

Thanks for confirming. The patches are already in my daily Linux Generic builds. Not sure if there'll be another LE 8.2 stable release but if there is we'll consider including the patches.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
mkv playback freezing and system unresponsive0