Solved kodi 17.6 cannot access or update library
Ok, so long story short. Been running kodi jarvis 16.1 for a long while. my library works perfectly via mysql with no issues.

Tried installing kodi 17.6 and it did an upgrade on one of my devices. Mysql had the 107 database, but the library will not function or update. I can see my sources which are in my sources file, mysql is set in advanced settings.

everything works fine in kodi 16.1 but in 17.6 its like the library function is just broken. 

I tried exporting the library from 16.1 but cannot see the xml in 17.6 to do an import.

I tried Setting content on 17.6 I can see my sources I tried re adding the sources and still library function does not work.

Is there something I am missing?

I have checked all my settings on mysql and verified it is functioning as it should and kodi created the 107 database, so why is it not reading the media information. it wont view the nfo files but I can see my posters no problem. so therefore I cannot even select anything in the library, not genre, title etc as its like it does not exist.

Ive been using mysql with kodi for years and never had an issue with a new version, just export the database, install the new version, copy my sources, advanced settings and other base files, and then import the library and boom, up and running without issue.

I run it on NFS and never had issue with the library function. Since I run an all mac server network for my system, I use nfs over AFP and SMB as SMB on mac is not great. I would switch to a windows or linux server but since my hard drives with my media are formatted HFS+, converting is going to be a major pain as I would have to copy the files from one of my drives to another, then erase and reformat the drive to another file system then copy back over. a very lengthy process, doable but takes an excessive amount of time.

How can I get kodi to use the library feature as right now it does not work.

I even tried going from 16.1 on my mac to 17.6 as an upgrade install and the same issue is occurring.

If anyone has some help let me know.

Do I need to change the mysql server version?

Should I bypass mysql, setup the kodi without it, get the library setup, export it,  then re connect to mysql and try to import the library?
Removed advanced settings taking kodi off mysql and library started to work fine locally. but on mysql does not function.

When setting contect settings on sources, kodi does not save the state when selecting use local information or when using movie scraper.

since I scrape all of my stuff myself I dont use the built in scrapers, but the content wont change when setting it.....

So perhaps someone can shed some light on this... really want to have this working on the newest version, but as of now I will have to stick to 16.1 until I can figure out the library problem with the new version.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file.

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Always use a paste site like pastebin.com. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I got it all sorted out. it was an issue with mysql.

I was testing the newer kodi 17 a while back, but when I connected it to mysql it created the database, but I never let it full load up so it was corrupt.

I went into mysql and dropped the offending entry myvideos107. after loading up the same 17.6 I was having trouble with and then waiting, everything started to appear. checked mysql and it had created the new myvideos107 entry.
Thread marked solved.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
kodi 17.6 cannot access or update library0