Solved Cannot enable Next PVR addon within KODI 17.6
Guys - am trying to set up NextPVR on a Windows 10 PC with KODI 17.6 and cannot enable the ADD ON.

Next PVR works as a standalone application on the same machine, will show the guide, display live TV, record and playback and the web interface works.

Have worked through the WIKI, searched the KODI forums and NEXTPVR forums, and have tried a few different walk through's. Obviously the interface has changed since many of these were published. 

Have tried many, many times, to set this up, have deleted and reinstalled KODI from the windows store, restarted KODI and the PC many times.

Any pointers ? - I assume that I am missing something obvious and will be embarrassed by the solution.
Moved to NextPVR forum
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Apologies for the wrong forum
Could you share what it is that you try to get it installed and what exactly goes wrong?

Couldnt make that out from your post.
In any case, you already seem to have the backend running, which actually is the ‘less easy’ part. Installing the pvr addon in Kodi should be a breeze.

Please tell us exactly what you are trying and exact results. I am sure we’ll get it installed without a problem.
Am trying to get KODI to work with the NEXTPVR add on.

I have next PVR running as a stand alone program.

I start KODI - then go to TV in the menu and it says "You did not set up PVR yet. Choose a client add on and configure it."

I have tried multiple times to configure the next PVR addon and don't seem to get anywhere.

I choose the "add on browser" - then "nextpvr client", configure it, confirm it is enabled.  Both the "run" and "uninstall" options are greyed out. I then i don't seem to be able to do anything other than escape back to the prior menu. 

I read in one guide that once enabled it should run automatically.

But once I get back to the main menu it get "you did not set up PVR yet"

Any help appreciated.
In the addon...are you typing the name of the computer or it’s IP address, the latter and usually works.

If it’s on the same computer, type 127.0.0.1 or if that doesn’t work try localhost

Restart kodi and see what happens
Server: Ubuntu Server 22TB HDD running SAMBA
Kodi: 4 Raspberry Pi 3 running Libreelec -  on the main PC - running Linux Mint
My Setup thread |
Have tried 127.0.0.1 and confirmed that that is the ip in the next PVR web interface. the port is also correct and is 8866. Does not work unfortunately.

Have just tried localhost and restarting KODI twice and that did not help.

Is there any way I can tell if the ADD ON is installed ?  If i go to my add ons it shows a cross next to the NEXT VR add on ?
Are you using an IPTV source, or a physical tuner device?

If IPTV, and you've got a large number of channels, you could try this patch:
https://forums.nextpvr.com/showthread.ph...post520201
Thanks for the suggestions

I am using Next PVR which uses a physical TV tuner card in the PC based on the DVB-T standard (Australia), not an IP TV based add on. 

I'll try the steps in the link you posted a bit later and see if that helps
That patch isn't likely to do anything with a DVB-T setup. It was only really to address a problem with huge number of channels and groups that some IPTV providers have. 

You'll most likely need to supply the kodi.log (with debug logging enabled), showing the startup of Kodi, so we can see it trying to connect to NextPVR and what goes wrong.
For what its worth I tried uninstalling KODI, registry clean and reinstalling - no change.

Here's the log file   :-  https://paste.ubuntu.com/26355683/
(2018-01-09, 23:50)Coupe Pete Wrote: For what its worth I tried uninstalling KODI, registry clean and reinstalling - no change.

Here's the log file   :-  https://paste.ubuntu.com/26355683/
 There was no NextPVR addon messages in that log, like you didn't attempt to enable it or use it in the run covered by that log.
Hello Coupe Pete

To fault find using the Kodi logs, you need to replicate the problem you are experiencing. Only when the problem occurs will problem be recorded in the log.

Hope that helps with your next log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
OK  - but I think the fact that Next PVR is not enabled IS my problem. During that log file I set up and attempted to enable the Next PVR add on as per the steps below. I cannot enable it despite many attempts to set it up. As noted above the steps I go through are ;- 

I start KODI - then go to TV in the menu and it says "You did not set up PVR yet. Choose a client add on and configure it."

I have tried multiple times to configure the next PVR addon and don't seem to get anywhere.

I choose the "add on browser" - then "nextpvr client", configure it, (the defaults should be fine) , and confirm it is enabled(box ticked in the add on).  Both the "run" and "uninstall" options are greyed out. I then i don't seem to be able to do anything other than hit the escape key and go back to the prior menu. If I go back to that add on it says that it is not enabled.

Am I doing something wrong Huh

I read in one guide that once enabled it should run automatically. That is not my experience.

But once I get back to the main menu it get "you did not set up PVR yet"

Hope that is helpful. Is there another PVR add on for DVB-T that I should try ?
Ok, and you captured all that in the log while Debug Mode is running, and that is what you submitted?

That log you submitted runs for only 2min17sec. Does this sound right? Is that all it took for you to recreate all the above steps?
My Signature

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cannot enable Next PVR addon within KODI 17.60