Problems with thumbnails
Hey guys. I have been configuring OSMC for the past few days. I am an extreme noob to the world of Pi and HTPC software.
 I have been trying out various skins but I am having trouble with something in particular. I have an external HDD hooked up to my Pi via USB. I have three folders containing movies in the root of the drive which are “Kid’s Movies” “Dad’s Movies” and “TV Shows”.I really want to keep the three folders separate but I have come into an issue when displaying them on various skins. I go into the settings for Dad’s movies and choose Video Library/Sources/Kids Movies “Create Menu Item Here” Then I choose Movies. But when I do this, it displays all the movies from both folders. If I instead choose “Files View” instead of “Movies”, it displays only the movies from the Kid’s Movies folder, but some of the artwork is missing and the thumbnails are all zoomed in.This is a problem no matter which skin I use, so it’s not a skin issue. As I said I am an extreme noob so I am probably missing something simple.
Kodi's video library isn't really designed to have separate sets of movies like that.  Kodi takes the movies from all sources and combines them into one library.  You could try using sets to have each movie is a set (Kid's and Dad's), but it will require a fair amount of manual work.

http://kodi.wiki/view/Movie_sets

As for TV Shows, when you add the TV Show folder as a source, you should be able to set its content type to TV Shows.  Then all those will show up in the TV Show area.
It sounds like you haven't set the content type for the Kid Movies source. I do what you are trying to do and each movie thumb and art are displayed properly when viewed through Videos->Files->Kid Movies (i think that is the correct path, I'm not in front of Kodi atm).
I ended up just making a profile for the kids and just set the source as the kids folder so the other movies wont show up. Thanks for the help guys.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problems with thumbnails0