Req Option in System Display Settings to set Kodi interface to 50Hz (For EU based PVR's)
Photo 
Can we have an option in the System Display settings, to set Kodi's interface to 50Hz for EU based Kodi PVR users.
This to prevent unnecessary refresh rate switches for watching 50Hz based Live TV with Kodi AND to prevent judder.

Also, the Xbox One right now, is a PITA to setup that it only uses 50Hz. I couldn't do it, to force the interface of the Xbox One (Not Kodi) to 50Hz output.
Refresh rate switching needs a later SDK, I'm sure once major bugs have been sorted the work will be done to use this SDK.
I'm already aware of that SDK necessity, just want a setting in Kodi to force the whole Kodi interface to 50Hz too, so it DOESN'T do refresh rate switching while watching Live TV. If I could set the Xbox One to 50Hz in the Microsoft settings, I wouldn't have asked it.

Edit: To avoid confusion, I know that mode switches aren't supported yet to switch display refresh rate to content, but nothing has been said by Kodi devs, about starting the Kodi app in forced 50Hz mode, if that is possible. That would maybe also solve the sound problems with 50Hz based Live TV.
You could give this a try: http://www.hdtvtest.co.uk/news/50hz-fix-...263472.htm

But this will have the whole machine always using 50Hz instead of 60Hz, which I'm not sure if it would be desireable.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Already tried that, doesn't work on my Xbox One S
(2018-01-08, 12:06)Senna Wrote: Edit: To avoid confusion, I know that mode switches aren't supported yet to switch display refresh rate to content, but nothing has been said by Kodi devs, about starting the Kodi app in forced 50Hz mode, if that is possible. That would maybe also solve the sound problems with 50Hz based Live TV.

switching resresh rate to a content rate and switching display mode is the same operation. Both require new SDK.
@afedchin , thanks for confirming this issue !
Looking forward to the implementation of new SDK.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Option in System Display Settings to set Kodi interface to 50Hz (For EU based PVR's)0