I Player I want it gone compleatly
Ok Hi first message so I hope someone can advise.

This may sound strange to some but I do not want BBC Iplayer I don't want catch up or anything on my fire stick.

I have the link boxes for Iplayer etc on my start up but have not downloaded or installed. But  I don't want these on my start up either Can I remove them and if so How?

I have checked all menues and cannot find a way to remove it completely

Any help is welcomed

Cheers Bill
Kodi does not come with any media sources, including iPlayer, when it is installed cleanly from the download on our site here. So for me there are two options :

a) your install didn't come from here, or was altered after install to add iPlayer (there is an add-on for it). If so then you can simply uninstall it via the add-ons menu.
b) what you are seeing is the Android version's ability to act as a launcher for other Android apps, including the iPlayer one.

If it's the latter you can remove them in the settings (it used to be settings > appearance > homescreen shortcuts, but I'm not sure it still is), or if you don't want it at all on your Firestick then uninstall the iPlayer app from the Firestick completely (via the apps menu - long press the home button to access that).

Can you clarify whether your Firestick came with Kodi pre-installed or if you added it yourself, and whether you're talking about the Kodi add-on or the Android app appearing under Kodi?
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
This is almost certainly some form of "fully-loaded" box/build.
Hi.
Sorry should have explained at the start.

The Fire stick was bought fully loaded from a shop, except for Kodi "that is" So when it was first set up, the home screen had iplayer launch options.

I have checked for installed apps and Iplayer isn't there just the launch options.

I will give your suggestions a whirl and hopefully remove it completely 

Cheers

Bill

Mind you they would never get access to my house anyway
Hi Ok

SORTED

And here's how.

I tried going through settings but there is no appearance tab to do the changes.

So I long pressed the home button apps library if you click on the tab all that does is open it for the download.

So I highlighted the tab, then on my control I pressed the menu / options button ie the three lines button that brings up a menu to the bottom right hand corner and it gives you the option to remove it from the cloud.

Go back to home page and its gone off there SO ALL DONE.

Cheers for the direction

Bill

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I Player I want it gone compleatly0