Solved Common plugin cache error
"Common plugin cache error" is raised after every KODI start on Xbox One (20180107). It also states "Check the log for more information.", but unfortunatlly I am not able to locate the log file on Xbox One. Is someone else facing the issue?
Yes. I have the same problem.
debug log (wiki) < the advanced page there gives details of where to find the log, or at least where it should be
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
it's located  localstate/addons/plugin.common.cache 

I had the same issue, I just delete the folder and it resolved the issue.

What yoy delete this folder? I can't see this. In file manager? Please more info.
I just uninstalled the addon, to make the error message go away. Of course that means that some other addons don't work, or they at least lose some functionality. Not sure what addons rely on the common plugin cache addon. I know at least artwork downloader depends on it.
Ohhh...delete Wink

I must find zip file this addon and change some line. I found on git hub some info about this error.
I have the same problem with Common plugin cache. I think that is the reason why a lot of add-on's don't work.  
When I am back from the work I paste the Log.
LOG FILE

There is an error in line 561:
Quote:19:05:26.903 T:3128 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'AF_UNIX'
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "U:\Users\UserMgr0\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 40, in <module>
run()
File "U:\Users\UserMgr0\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.common.plugin.cache\default.py", line 35, in run
s.run()
File "U:\Users\UserMgr0\AppData\Local\Packages\XBMCFoundation.Kodi_4n2hpmxwrvr6p\LocalState\addons\script.common.plugin.cache/lib\StorageServer.py", line 208, in run
sock = socket.socket(socket.AF_UNIX)
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'AF_UNIX'
The error is fixed with Common plugin cache 2.5.9.
(2018-01-10, 18:18)Rechi Wrote: The error is fixed with Common plugin cache 2.5.9.
 I can confirm, it was fixed.
I know this thread is very old but hoping someone will still see it. I have Xbox One S. Downloaded Kodi. "Failed to start script.common.plugin.cache. This is version 3.0.0 Thank you!
(2023-07-09, 14:53)davelee77 Wrote: I know this thread is very old but hoping someone will still see it. I have Xbox One S. Downloaded Kodi. "Failed to start script.common.plugin.cache. This is version 3.0.0 Thank you!

Change the highlighted value in the common plugincache settings in the screenshot below to 0 and it will fix the issue
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64
Can I change this to another port instead of setting it to 0?
(2023-09-17, 19:54)Dyingllama007 Wrote: Can I change this to another port instead of setting it to 0?

That setting is specifically for Windows desktop mode only. On all other OS including XBOX, leave it at 0
Kodi 21RC2 Windows 10 and 11 | 21RC2 Xbox One X | 21RC2 Linux Mint Virginia XFCE | CoreELEC NO 21 nightly S905X4 aarch64

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Common plugin cache error0