Release MediathekView Addon (German Public Service Video Platforms)
(2018-01-22, 08:24)C.O.D. Wrote: Hi, many thanks for this great addon which is kind of the missing link of all these mediathek addons.
Some points:
- Can we get a configurable delay for the big update (every two days) after start of the RP?
It's sucking quite a lot of resources and should start only when other tasks are finished completely.
- An option to put the database to a different location (USB drive e.g.) instead of the sd card would be nice
- after searching and playing a result video it jumps out of the addon completely instead of back to the search results

Best regards
 Some more clarification:
  1. As described in Issue #16, we will significantly improve the way updates are handled by the system
  2. Currently we have not planned to implement such a feature, since it seems not to bring real advantages. The database itself is quite small (around 225M) and on really slow systems like Raspberries there is also no speed gain in using another location. The implementation of such a feature would be quite complex because you have to handle all the configuration UI, the operations deriving from configuration changes and all the error situations that may derive and only few users are probably interested in such a feature But there is a workaround for the advanced users: use pathsubstitution in advancedsettings.xml - the internal path of the database is special://profile/addon_data/plugin.video.mediathekview/filmliste-v1.db
  3. I know about this problem. Unfortunately this is due to the general architecture of Kodi's plugin system. Currently I have not found any acceptable solution for this.... I'm still trying to find a workaround, but unfortunately it may happen that I will never find a solution... who knows... Yeah! Found a workaround! See Issue #55 - will be fixed with the next release

Messages In This Thread
RE: MediathekView Addon (German Public Service Video Platforms) - by tuxpoldo - 2018-01-22, 20:05
Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MediathekView Addon (German Public Service Video Platforms)1