automaticly monitor NFO files for modification and new ones

Using Kodi 17.3 with LibreELEC 8.x on a Pi2. My Movie and Series database in Kodi is build from "local information" (NFO-files). I manage the nfo files with some external programs.

From time to time I update them: e.g. modify genre Tags, move the movie (with its nfo) to another folder, delete a movie, ...

To reflect that nfo-modifications in the Kodi database I have to (as a workaround) delete the source or change its content type to none and then create it again or set its content type again to Movies. This causes a deletion of the complete database and it's recreation.
This is to much for just one updated nfo file. Could Kodi store a timestamp or hash-value for each nfo file to check if it was modified or not? Also new NFO files should be added to the database automaticly.
On the basis that the way the kodi database works isn't likely to change anytime soon, why not...
1.  Move files (/subfolders) you want to change out of your source folder.
2.  Run clean library.
3.  Make changes to .nfo's etc and put the files back
4.  Scan for new content.
I use .nfo's and I find doing the above to be reasonably painless.

Deleting a complete database every time you edit an .nfo does sound excessive.
Edit: I do the above if I'm editing a bunch of .nfo's.  If it's an odd or two one it's quicker to just find the film / show(s) in the gui, hit info and then refresh.
(2018-01-09, 15:25)trogggy Wrote: Deleting a complete database every time you edit an .nfo does sound excessive.
One NFO file should be one line (maybe with some relations) in a database table. Just update that line. I don't see why the database need to be deleted.

btw: This FR is not about ressources. In the current state of discussion it doesn't matter who or when this would be impelemented or how log does it takes. What matters at the current point if the maintainers thing this is a good feature and if they would accept patches or things like that. For the person who would implementing this it is important to know if the invested time won't be wasted.
(2018-01-09, 15:33)buhtz Wrote:
(2018-01-09, 15:25)trogggy Wrote: Deleting a complete database every time you edit an .nfo does sound excessive.
One NFO file should be one line (maybe with some relations) in a database table. Just update that line. I don't see why the database need to be deleted.
Neither do I.  But that's what you say you're doing now in post #1.
Just press info on the modified movie. Then click reload or refresh depending on skin.

It will read the updated NFO file for movie.
(2018-01-09, 18:46)the_bo Wrote: Just press info on the modified movie. Then click reload or refresh depending on skin.
I updated my starting post to be more specific about this FR. What you offer is not a solution to it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
automaticly monitor NFO files for modification and new ones0