My Addon API wishes
Hi,

in the last weeks i was trying to implement a service addon which would add some context aware(when you are in movies get autocomplete from the moviedb if you are in youtube autoompletefrom youtube) autocompletion and maybe search preview. the whole thing should be skin independent and i did run quite in to a few problems. on some i could work around on some not ... so i have a few suggestions for api additions which i believe would allow for pretty cool skin independent addons
  • Let me hook into on* messages of the gui elements (xbmcgui.*)
    • i can add controls to existing windows to add buttons but i will never be able to act on them. or can never react to user inputs dynamically. this could be two method in the monitor like, registerForMessages(windowid/elementid) onMessage(source, type, msg)
  • expand all the gui elements with getChildren and getAllElements methods
    • at the moment i can only manipulate (in my case shrink the keyboard a bit if space is needed and maybe move things) controls if i got their id and even if i scan the xml file not all have id
well this would be my ideas. the main point is allow services to work a bit more dynamically with the ui which allows for skin independent functionality extensions. 

Regards
Benni

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
My Addon API wishes0