Solved how to download tv show information from the movie database?
I use the format title.s#e#.ext for my tv show episodes and they scrape with the tvdatabase. There's a tv miniseries (Millennium 2010) that the tvdatabase won't include because it's based on movies. The movie database does have it listed as a tv show. I tried changing the source to the movie database to try to get the information, but it doesn't scan it in (it just leaves as generic folders and name). Is there a trick to downloading tv show information from the movie database?(scanning it as a movie downloads information from some japanese anime show). Thanks for any help.
Are you referring to the movies with Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander? They are movies aren't they?

If not, provide link
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Sorry, I'd intended to put the link in, but see that I didn't (got distracted)
html

The miniseries is based on the movies, but they put more content in and put it out as a 6-part miniseries.
Oh right. I had no idea there was a series.

Are these the movies with added footage? Or is this a complete re-do?

(I'll get to your question in the next post. Just going to test the scrape.)
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I just tested this and it scraped fine. This is what I did

1. New Source which I set as TMDB as the scraper for TV Shows. Now I have separate Sources for TVDB and TMDB for TV Shows
2. Named TV Show folder as Millennium (2010)
3. Named 6 Episodes as Millennium (2010) S01E01 etc
4. Scraped...

Have you done something different? Maybe try a Clean Library first before retrying. Otherwise a debug log might show what the error is.

My Signature
aargh, they've taken out the quote on reply function,I don't know how to quote anything any more....

I didn't add any new source, just changed the scraper on the applicable folder. I'll mess about with it a bit more, and clean the library first, as suggested and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks.
No problems.

If you don't want to add a new source, one thing that should work, but I didn't try, is Set Content for just that TV Show. In Videos>Files go to the TV Show, Context Menu, Change Content, then change the scraper settings there, which will affect only that show. Not sure if that is how you did it, but I read your post as changing content for the whole source and all shows.

If you want to quote, it is now the "Quote" button. Or highlight text in a post and press Reply when the button pops up.
My Signature
(2018-01-10, 08:18)Karellen Wrote: one thing that should work, but I didn't try, is Set Content for just that TV Show. In Videos>Files go to the TV Show, Context Menu, Change Content, then change the scraper settings there, which will affect only that show.
Thanks, can quote again (yay!).

That's what I did do, but that did not work. After you posted, I created another folder, added it as a source and put the tv show folder in there. That worked as you advised. Just changing the scraper on the tv show folder itself as I had done before did not work.

Thanks for your help, I'll mark as solved.

EDIT; oh, and to answer your earlier question, as I understand it, the miniseries is the movies with added content.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to download tv show information from the movie database?0