Bug [Kodi 18 on Android] HDMI-CEC volume does not work using Kore as LAN remote control
Hi.
I'm using and testing Kodi 18 (now using version kodi-20180107-d8663415-master-arm64-v8a.apk) on my Nvidia Shield.
Nvidia Shield and TV communicate via HDMI-CEC (so I can use the IR remote control of the TV to control Kodi and it works well).
I found an issue when I try to increase or decrease the audio volume using Kore (network remote control installed on my Android phone).
When I increase or decrease the audio volume using Kore, Kodi 18 will NOT use the HDMI-CEC to change the volume (so Kodi 18 will not communicate via HDMI-CEC to the TV to change volume level) but it try to change the volume using the embedded volume (circle bar on top) and, anyway, no audio level changes happening. So the problem is not Kore (Kore "inform" Kodi to change the volume) but the problem is on Kodi that for that Kore "command" does not use HDMI-CEC. 
With LibreELEC (Kodi 17) on both Raspberry Pi 2 and on ODROID C2 Kodi will correctly use the HDMI-CEC features to change the volume level for the same Kore "command".
Why Kodi 18 on Android does not use HDMI-CEC to change the volume level when Kore or Yatse is used and HDMI CEC is available? Or how to set Kodi 18 on Android to change level using HDMI-CEC?

Thanks!
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)
Am I the only one to have a Nvidia Shield connected via HDMI to the TV and using the CEC feature and also control Kodi via Kore?
Am I the only one to have that volume problem?
Kodi 18: Nvidia Shield TV (main device) and LibreELEC on Raspberry Pi 2 and Odroid C2
TV: Panasonic TX-55EZ950E (OLED)
AVR: Onkyo TX-NR509 (HDMI ARC)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Kodi 18 on Android] HDMI-CEC volume does not work using Kore as LAN remote control0