samba filenames with accents - issue
Hi,
I have recently installed Kodi 17.5 on my firetv stick. I have a simple HDD which I have connected to an internet modem (Technicolor TG788vn v2) through its USB port.
The HDD is accessible and can be mounted - however, all the italian special characters with accents, like à, è, ì, ò, ù and all the non UK charset in general are translated into a _.
So, for instance, I have a cartoon named Grisù which I see as Gris_ and songs like "Il mondo che verrà" gets translated into "Il mondo che verr_".
This issue happens if I connect to the server with Windows and also with my Mac, but in both cases I am able to click on the folder and play the file, despite the wrong display. However, if I click on the folder in Kodi, I will get a samba error and this means the video/song will not be scanned.
I cannot rename all these files, because I have tons of them, and therefor this option is a no-go for me, unless it's the only way out.
I cannot change anything in the router, and there is no such samba configuration I can play with.
Is there a way to change the samba client in Kodi so that the display is correctly translated? I have seen some samba codepages in the advanced settings, but I am seeking your advice before playing with that.
Thanks!
Luca

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
samba filenames with accents - issue0