Apple TV 4k with Harmony:
Hi is it possible to add a PC device on Harmony like you can on the Shield and have it using many buttons on Kodi on Apple TV 4k instead of only the few buttons on the Apple TV 4k remote?
Not possible
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I actually do use the Harmony's bluetooth PC keyboard function (I tested both Windows and Mac as targets and Mac works better - more functional buttons) to connect to my Apple TVs because it is much more responsive than using IR.  It's night and day.

You do not get extra buttons, however - in fact I wasn't able to find a way to get the "Home" button to work via bluetooth keyboard (I think it's supposed to be F4, I'm sure logitech could fix this if they felt so compelled), and there is no media key for "Stop" so I mapped both of those buttons to IR commands instead.  Navigating and playback work great as a bluetooth keyboard and I really can't stress enough how much more responsive it is.
Interesting. Can you just describe how to add it?
You just add a new device to harmony as "Computer" -> "Mac", then I used the suggested activity "Watch PC" as a base and added the Apple TV as an extra device then remapped the two buttons for "Exit" and "Stop" on the remote to be Apple TV device commands (instead of Computer).

If you need BT keyboard pairing instructions they are here https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202670

I use Harmony Hub products, if you have a standalone remote I can't help.
Thanks for the guide, I also have harmony hub
I can't get it to work. I can pair harmony keyboard but then the Mac in app tales over and disconnects on apple tv but then it's connected to my phone and use harmony keyboard on my phone. How can i fix this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Apple TV 4k with Harmony:0