• 6(current)
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording
This will be amazing, looking forward to a Windows version for sure!
(2018-10-16, 14:57)grundam Wrote: This will be amazing, looking forward to a Windows version for sure!
 I'm setting up a VM to try and compile for Windows. I'm afraid this branch will be a little delayed as I have compiled for Linux and Android (was a pain).

Unfortunately as in cross-compiling for Android, in Windows you must compile Kodi completely (crap!).

No timeline on windows yet, looking to start Linux BETA testing today.
(2018-10-15, 08:23)Spiderfish Wrote: Will be a great option to add it in PVR simple client..Thank you for your great efforts

What system do you have? Would you like to participate in BETA testing?
(2018-10-14, 17:48)MrGenius1 Wrote: Thank you for your reply! So glad that this project is continuing. Please keep me in mind for the linux version when it's time to start beta testing! I will also keep checking back here. The multi recording is a nice add as my sub allows multiple streams. 

Will PM you a compiled Linux version later this week, will stop working after about 6-7 days, so please try to test it as much as possible. I will detail in e-mail how to provide crash logs / logs to me so that I can try to reproduce errors myself.
@el_gonz87 

I am using LE 8.2 can I test it on it. Also I am using also Linux Beta.

How can I get it to test it
(2018-10-16, 17:31)Spiderfish Wrote: @el_gonz87 

I am using LE 8.2 can I test it on it. Also I am using also Linux Beta.

How can I get it to test it

I am planning to PM compiled versions to my BETA testers.

What architecture is your device running? I have compiled a Linux 64-bit version currently.
Is linux 64 Generic
Android y Kodi 17.6
Hey buddy, I use Android with the Kodi 17.6 and I wanna be your beta tester of Android, so if you can, send me the compiled version of the IPTV Simple Client with the HD Recording. I used before (and still using it) the IPTV Simple Client and it works so great and it will be perfect with the HD Recording so, if you want to, I can be your beta tester of Android.
(2018-10-16, 14:57)grundam Wrote: This will be amazing, looking forward to a Windows version for sure!
 I've got windows compiled to a DLL and loads just fine, however when FFMPEG gets called a terminal window pops up and libexecstream fails to capture the STDOUT pipe.

Will have to do some more digging, I think this is the only issue so far.

Meanwhile LINUX beta testing has gone live.

Thanks to those willing to participate.
IPTV Simple Client in Leia can now play plugin:// links.
Have you had a look at how to monitor the stream url and record from them?

I've added in a little function to "xmltv Meld" to make an m3u from plugin links if any IPTV Simple Client fans are interested.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2783765
@el_gonz87  I got it installed and running.

One cosmetic thing that I noticed was when under recordings the channel logo does not appear. Under timers the channel logo is there. 

I have the Multi DVR setting turned on and I have not been successful in recording two shows at once. The second show will error out and stop recording after about 7 mins. My sub allows 2 connections.

I did an overnight test on two shows with different times. It recorded the first show completely but won't let you watch the last 2 mins of the show. The second scheduled show only recorded a little over 7 mins.

I'm sure I will have to capture different logs to get everything but I included the log from a test I did this morning that failed. There was a kodi crash log but nothing was in it.

You did an awesome job with this plugin!!! I'm like a kid on christmas morning!

https://pastebin.com/jpDtRcjy
(2018-10-18, 16:03)MrGenius1 Wrote: @el_gonz87  I got it installed and running.

One cosmetic thing that I noticed was when under recordings the channel logo does not appear. Under timers the channel logo is there. 

I have the Multi DVR setting turned on and I have not been successful in recording two shows at once. The second show will error out and stop recording after about 7 mins. My sub allows 2 connections.

I did an overnight test on two shows with different times. It recorded the first show completely but won't let you watch the last 2 mins of the show. The second scheduled show only recorded a little over 7 mins.

I'm sure I will have to capture different logs to get everything but I included the log from a test I did this morning that failed. There was a kodi crash log but nothing was in it.

You did an awesome job with this plugin!!! I'm like a kid on christmas morning!

https://pastebin.com/jpDtRcjy
That's great news to hear it's working for you at least in some way.

About logo, it is designed to pull logo from EPG event, the reason you see it in timer is because kodi automatically puts channel logo on timers, I suppose I could add option to apply channels logos to recs in DVR settings.

As for issues:
  • I'm glad it was able to record first show completely, sorry the last 2 mins are missing, this may due to buffering issues when piping the file, I will try to look for a solution however it is very difficult to monitor the stream and how much has been passed back to kodi.
  • For second issue about the other show not recording, I did not see any info in the log about starting a second recording. I need this info as it will state how the 2nd recording terminated (e.g. failure, call to stop, timer not found, etc..).
Quick FYI, Multi DVR setting is for multiple devices sharing a recording path. At home for example I have two linux boxes running on 2 different TVs. This allows me to create timers on both and they will talk to each other, load timers together and hand off recordings, start recording on one / stop recording on another, etc...

Also, I had to change the subprocess from libexecstream to popen/pclose (simpler solution but not as robust) to get things to work on windows. I currently have everything working on Windows, but still need to do a bit more alpha testing prior to beta start.
What this means is I had to backport to linux, therefore there will be a 2nd round of linux that I will send along when I windows beta testing starts. 

(2018-10-18, 14:17)primaeval Wrote: IPTV Simple Client in Leia can now play plugin:// links.
Have you had a look at how to monitor the stream url and record from them?

I've added in a little function to "xmltv Meld" to make an m3u from plugin links if any IPTV Simple Client fans are interested.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2783765

That's interesting!

Hoping to get it stable on Krypton before I start my Leia porting. That's gonna be fun! LOL
(2018-10-17, 21:44)el_gonz87 Wrote:
 I've got windows compiled to a DLL and loads just fine, however when FFMPEG gets called a terminal window pops up and libexecstream fails to capture the STDOUT pipe.

Will have to do some more digging, I think this is the only issue so far.

Meanwhile LINUX beta testing has gone live.

Thanks to those willing to participate. 
Can I test Windows & Android? On Android I would like to test on Nvidia Shield.

Thanks,

(2018-10-19, 01:25)capncrunch Wrote: Can I test Windows & Android? On Android I would like to test on Nvidia Shield.
Thanks, 

I've sent you both an e-mail with the DLL compiled for windows and instructions.

Appreciate your help!

Going to try and tackle Android next.
(2018-10-19, 03:34)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2018-10-19, 01:25)capncrunch Wrote: Can I test Windows & Android? On Android I would like to test on Nvidia Shield.
Thanks, 

I've sent you both an e-mail with the DLL compiled for windows and instructions.

Appreciate your help!

Can I test Linux x64 on NUC5i3?

Nice job, mate!
(2018-10-19, 05:03)Apeiron Wrote:
Thanks, 

Appreciate your help!

Nice job, mate! 
 Sure, but I need to be able to send you a PM. Can you activate PM on your account so I can send you file/details.

Also, not familiar with NUC5i3 architecture, so hopefully it will work with my x64 compiled Linux version using an ASUS Laptop.
(2018-10-19, 05:10)el_gonz87 Wrote:
(2018-10-19, 05:03)Apeiron Wrote:

Appreciate your help!

Nice job, mate!  
 Sure, but I need to be able to send you a PM. Can you activate PM on your account so I can send you file/details.

Also, not familiar with NUC5i3 architecture, so hopefully it will work with my x64 compiled Linux version using an ASUS Laptop. 
Done!
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording11