• 1(current)
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording
UPDATE: Released to public https://github.com/gonzalo-hvega/pvr.iptvsimple

This is my first project for Kodi, but basically I took a fork of IPTV Simple Client that had basic recording capabilities but did not work very well, so I refactor the code and added a few new capabilities:
1) HD recording with H.264 and AAC encoding
2) Reads EPG data and writes it to file (this helps so that if you have EPG, the recording will have all relevant info such as plot, thumbnail, etc..)
3) Recording data is imported back into Kodi (screen shot below)

Here are some screens:

Things still left to do:
1) Implement API functions for playback of recordings within Kodi (the last screen is playback but not from within Kodi, it is from movie player in linux)
2) Fix small bug which causes Kodi to stop stream and return to guide when starting recording while watching the same channel
3) Add defensive programming (check drive space, connection to network drives, etc..)
4) Merge latest IPTV updates from official addon

It is pretty bare bones right now, but works very well.

Currently only built and tested in Linux, but I plan to port to Android Armv7.

Don't have a timeline yet, I'm just a begginer so bear with me if release takes a bit of time, I want it to be stable and not mess up peoples systems!
Will you post the code in a public repository on GitHub?  And have you by the way seen these two links which contain somewhat related discussions and links to relative code? Though these are about recording from HDHomeRun PVR addon which gets TV from antenna signal instead of internet streams:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hdhomerun/pull/67

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hdhomerun/issues/7

PS: You might want to want to consider looking to PVR/DRV functions for other addon(s) instead than the IPTV Simple Client since recording function for that specific PVR addon will likley never be accepted upstream by Team Kodi (due to risk of IPTV piracy abuse recording internet streams).
(2018-01-11, 10:11)Hedda Wrote: Will you post the code in a public repository on GitHub?  And have you by the way seen these two links which contain somewhat related discussions and links to relative code? Though these are about recording from HDHomeRun PVR addon which gets TV from antenna signal instead of internet streams:

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hdhomerun/pull/67

https://github.com/kodi-pvr/pvr.hdhomerun/issues/7

PS: You might want to want to consider looking to PVR/DRV functions for other addon(s) instead than the IPTV Simple Client since recording function for that specific PVR addon will likley never be accepted upstream by Team Kodi (due to risk of IPTV piracy abuse recording internet streams).
 Thanks for the reply!

I have been using DBViewer Addon to get the concept of how to design the DVR functions, but will review this code to see if it would add anything.

UPDATE:
I have implemented the ability to do playback from within the PVR addon of Kodi, preview below
Image Image

Functions to implement
1) Resume playback of recording when stopped (have an idea of what to do).
2) Fix small bug which causes Kodi to stop stream and return to guide when starting recording while watching the same channel (STILL HUNTING THIS ONE DOWN).
3) Have an issue with callback of GetDirectory from Kodi, need to investigate why I can't iterate through the file list.

As for github, I have it as a private repository for now. I will release when I have ported the code to Android at least, because I know I may need to refactor/redesign some of the code when I do the porting.
I want to release something stable and quality, so I will wait before I make code public or some people will compile and it could be a headache.
UPDATE: basically re-wrote the entire addon over the weekend.

Have added:
- Network drive support over SMB protocol (multiple devices will sync recordings and watched info such as resume position)
- Set resume position for video once playback stops
- Remember watched status for videos
- Recordings management (deleting) from within Kodi

Preview video:

Todo list before private beta testing:
- Find new algorithm to determine video duration upon record (current one is off)
- Check drive space and display popup warning once reaches a threshold set by user
- Port to Android devices
- LOTS and LOTS of initial testing a debugging for a stable beta
- Multi recording support?
- Add WebGrab++ functionality? (BIG MAYBE)
 Still no time line on release! Work has been getting busy, so it may take me a little to get through this to-do list as I do this as a side project...Follow me on twitter for updates: @El__GonzFor now enjoy the video!
Anyway of making this compatible with Apple TV 4?
(2018-01-17, 12:10)underwriter Wrote: Anyway of making this compatible with Apple TV 4?
 Having a nightmare of a time trying to port to Android... will keep you posted if I make progress, maybe I will learn something that make cross-compiling easier...
Where can i download this projekt?
Still not released.

I am working on porting it to android, had to re-write a lot of code.

Hope to have an update soon.
I would love to be a tester on my raspberry pi 3, running the latest libreelec, so you're welcome to send me a private message anytime. Smile
I would also love to be a tester on my raspberry pi 3, running the latest libreelec, so you're welcome to send me a private message anytime. Smile
Will it work on Windowssystems?
keep up the good work. there are lots of people looking for simpleiptv recording so please dont kill the project and thank you for doing it
Following this with great interest. Being able to record IPTV would be the final step of cutting the cable for me.
Great work. Please let is now when it can be tested.

Happy to have a go on Kodi for MacOS.
Look supersweet ! I'm most definately willing to test it out .. I'm running quite a few kodi boxes (androidTV, AppleTV4K, RaspberryPI3) , and all have IPTV enabled ...not being able to record has been one of my biggest gripes so far ...
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording11