• 9(current)
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording
Yep, makes sense and thanks for the prompt response.  OK, last question then...I'm looking to build a rig capable of recording up to ~4 simultaneous TV streams.  On my old one, just for testing purposes, I tried NextPVR which led me to this thread regarding SimpleIPTV.  Does anyone notice that FFMPEG is a resource hog and consumes a significant amount during transcoding?  I understand this is resource intensive, but comparatively, just watching the same stream (in Kodi) consumes less than half the resources as when FFMPEG is running - recording or viewing (in NextPVR).  I'm beginning to wonder what size box I would for this, as I was looking to start with something simple like the Intel NUC i5 or i7 - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6ZP5UX5861

Curious what others use for same use case and beginning to wonder whether I need to go for something significantly beefier.  

Happy thanksgiving.
(2018-11-22, 21:53)WhiteThnder Wrote: Yep, makes sense and thanks for the prompt response.  OK, last question then...I'm looking to build a rig capable of recording up to ~4 simultaneous TV streams.  On my old one, just for testing purposes, I tried NextPVR which led me to this thread regarding SimpleIPTV.  Does anyone notice that FFMPEG is a resource hog and consumes a significant amount during transcoding?  I understand this is resource intensive, but comparatively, just watching the same stream (in Kodi) consumes less than half the resources as when FFMPEG is running - recording or viewing (in NextPVR).  I'm beginning to wonder what size box I would for this, as I was looking to start with something simple like the Intel NUC i5 or i7 - https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a...6ZP5UX5861

Curious what others use for same use case and beginning to wonder whether I need to go for something significantly beefier.  

Happy thanksgiving.
 ffmpeg must be transcoding something and not just copying the data.
When ffmpeg is running outside Kodi, just copying a stream, it should hardly use any cpu.
Even within Kodi it shouldn't be too cpu intensive.
It might be hardcoding subtitles into the video. I think Plex or Emby does that.
See if you can see it in the ffmpeg command line for its process.
There must be some setting in NextPVR to simply copy the stream.
I tried to copy the video stream with nextpvr and it always transcode the video and just keep the first audio, deleting the rest of the audio languages or subtitles. There's not options to change that.

The only thing. theres a xml config file somewhere that you change the ffmpeg command line for nextpvr, but after trying several times, it won't work.
(2018-11-28, 21:36)javidial Wrote: I tried to copy the video stream with nextpvr and it always transcode the video and just keep the first audio, deleting the rest of the audio languages or subtitles. There's not options to change that.

The only thing. theres a xml config file somewhere that you change the ffmpeg command line for nextpvr, but after trying several times, it won't work.
 You'll have to ask them at the NextPVR forum about transcoding parameters.
https://forums.nextpvr.com
Is this project out to the public, its been almost a year? Please let me know all I use is IPTV !

Thanks!
Yeah, I know what it’s like. There has not been a compiled pvr recorder for iptv since 2016! And even that only lasted a month before it got disabled by the developer! We’re so close to a iptv pvr recorder and it seems like everyone has tested it on android but has not shared a link! Please there are 2 pvr recorders being worked on by 2 people, could one of them please release something for android instead of just showing off the progress! Right now, we will take anything as a win! I’m using primevels replay recorder with a modded super favourets contex menu for record and stop! So far it works well but it’s just not the same without pvr!
(2018-12-01, 14:44)03stevensmi Wrote: Yeah, I know what it’s like. There has not been a compiled pvr recorder for iptv since 2016! And even that only lasted a month before it got disabled by the developer! We’re so close to a iptv pvr recorder and it seems like everyone has tested it on android but has not shared a link! Please there are 2 pvr recorders being worked on by 2 people, could one of them please release something for android instead of just showing off the progress! Right now, we will take anything as a win! I’m using primevels replay recorder with a modded super favourets contex menu for record and stop! So far it works well but it’s just not the same without pvr!
 IPTV Recorder does everything this addon will do except show the programs in a time grid.
TV Guide Fullscreen will show the programs in a time grid but only has the recording modes: Once and Always.

@el_gonz87 must still be on his submarine tour of duty, or whatever he does for months at a time. Wink
I’ll have to give full screen tvguide a try, but as for iptv recorder, for me it does not work anymore! The older version did, but now when I try to record to my nas I ether get add on error at kodi launch, or error with channel recording and channel searching! But if I disable that network storage setting on the add on, it doesn’t say error at kodi launch, but when I set a recording it Does ether say error or says “Recording” but it does not record anything! Apps like add on recorder and replay does not have this problem and they work great. I don’t think I’m missing anything with iptv recorder, it just one day was working great on both android devices and Nvidia shield, then after an update, they all say error when recording or searching for channels. I personally think you get a better experience, look and feel when doing this sort of stuff on a pvr rather than a addon. If you can figure out what’s happens to iptvrecorder, I will go for that TV guide addon until someone compiles this for android. I’m a little curious in trying the tvguide addon tbh! Wink
(2018-12-01, 17:52)03stevensmi Wrote: I’ll have to give full screen tvguide a try, but as for iptv recorder, for me it does not work anymore! The older version did, but now when I try to record to my nas I ether get add on error at kodi launch, or if I disable that network storage setting on the add on, it doesn’t say error at kodi launch, but when I set a recording it Does ether say error or says “Recording” but it does not record anything! Apps like add on recorder and replay does not have this problem and they work great. I don’t think I’m missing anything with iptv recorder, it just one day was working great on both android devices and Nvidia shield, then after an update, they all say error when recording or searching for channels. I personally think you get a better experience, look and feel when doing this sort of stuff on a pvr rather than a addon. If you can figure out what’s happens to iptvrecorder, I will go for that TV guide addon until someone compiles this for android. I’m a little curious in trying the tvguide addon tbh! Wink
 pm me your settings files and I'll have a look
userdata\addon_data\plugin.video.iptv.recorder\settings.xml
and
userdata\addon_data\pvr.iptvsimple\settings.xml
I’m on it! Wink

Edit:
There sent bro!
Are the Windows beta tests still running? If so, I'd love to try it out!
Thanks for amazing work, but how to get this cute thing on openelecSmile?
Hello!
What is the progress of this fantastic plugin?
I can't compile https://github.com/gonzalo-hvega/pvr.iptvsimple 
error: ‘XBMC_PVR_API_VERSION’ was not declared in this scope

May I help beta testing?
Would love to try this out, got IPTV simple working so this is what is missing... Please release it!
Well I see it was released however not for windows...

Does this work for libreelec?

Anybody using this successfully?
  • 9(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
PVR Simple SQL Client w/ Recording11