Upgrade from 1.3 to 1.4
Forgive me if this has been asked previously, I did a search but couldn't find anything (unless it's buried in a thread somewhere).

Is there an upgrade path from 1.3 to 1.4?  I know with previous upgrades I was just able to do a new install and copy some files over, and the new version would work, but I tried that here and it didn't.  When I installed the new version, it was treating everything as new, and I'd hate to have go through and re-scrape everything.

Thanks.
No, it's not possible to upgrade from 1.3.x to 1.4.x
So, I'd basically have to start from scratch and re-scrape everything?  Or is there a way for EMM to pick up all of my current nfo data, posters, backgrounds, banners, etc?  I really like 1.3, and it worked perfectly up until the recent IMDB issues.  When I tried 1.4, I was having all kinds of issues getting it to work correctly.
Ember will read all your NFOs, images, trailers and so on, but you've to set the files names correctly. Ember reads only files that are enabled in Settings => Movies => Files and Sources => File naming. You've to select to right ones depending on your current file naming schema... and no, it's not a good idea to enable any checkbox in this settings ;-)

Feel free to post some screenshots of your files and folder structure.
Not the OP but I'd like to move from 1.3 to 1.4 too.

My folder structure consists of a bunch of folder names in either the format "Movie.name.YYYY" (now deprecated) or "Movie name (YYYY)". Each folder contains exactly one movie in one file, mostly .mkv but sometimes .mp4 or .avi. These folders at a single level in the file system.

With 1.3, I create the files movie.nfo, folder.jpg and fanart.jpg and Kodi picks these up while scanning.

It would be awesome to set 1.4 up to a) inherit this scraped info and b) to continue to use the same schema.

Thanks.
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
Please excuse me for entering this thread!
I also changed from EMM 1.3 to 1.4 and have some trouble. I installed the latest version from 18.1.2018.
I did a fresh setup in the new EMM and it was possible to read my whole database without problems.

BUT when i now want to scrape a new film or a tv-show, i get the following message and nothing happens:

First i thought it is the discussed problem with IMDB, but with TVDB i get the same result.
What am i missing??
Do you have a firewall blocking Ember to use internet?
Don't understand German that well but it seems to be network related
Thanks a lot T-bird_se!
You are right, it was a network problem. It seems, that a win-update made my firewall-software disappeare. So i did not get an error, when starting EMM for the first time.
Now everithing is fine!
Thanks for the fast hint!!
(2018-01-16, 11:28)DanCooper Wrote: Image
 I've been traveling but finally got to try this. It seems to be creating two copies of the files, one with the names I want and another with names <moviename>.nfo, <moviename>-poster.nfo, and <moviename>-fanart.jpg
Fire TV Stick, Xiaomi Mi Box, Tanix TX3 Mini (S905W), Fire TV with 4K, Apple TV 4K, Tanix TX3 (S905X3)
(2018-01-31, 14:54)unmesh Wrote:  I've been traveling but finally got to try this. It seems to be creating two copies of the files, one with the names I want and another with names <moviename>.nfo, <moviename>-poster.nfo, and <moviename>-fanart.jpg

Do you've enabled the "Frodo/Helix Defaults" in the "Kodi" tab?
Yes  Blush
"Frodo/Helix Defaults" is always <filename>-imagetype.ext.
You can disable it if you only want your file names from expert settings.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Upgrade from 1.3 to 1.40