Release -  GlobalSearch for Kodi Leia
confirmed, will look into it tonight
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Thanks.
will be fixed in v8.0.8
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Appreciated, thanks.
@ronie 

Does "play" from the info dialog works for you from a globalsearch result? 
We are currently investigating a never ending busy spinner if "show information" is set as default action or if the info dialog has been opened. 

It's also strange that the results don't have a play button entry in the context menu (which is related to it I guess).

Logs are telling nothing.
tried both ways and they do work ok for me.
playing a file from the info dialog is fully handled by kodi btw, the addon has no influence on it.

there's no play button on the context menu because i haven't added one ;-)
Thanks for the fast reply and test.

Strange, because Emby is broken via InfoDialog for GlobalSearch (plugin:// path). It works on all other places and we have have no clue why. 
I guess we have to dig deeper. Something is different for GlobalSearch and how the info dialog is called/handled for it. 

We will let you know if it's something on your end Smile
i'm not familiar with emby, but i was able to reproduce it by manually adding some youtube plugin videos to my database.

so the problem is not specific to the emby plugin.

i did a bit of digging in the kodi source-code and noticed when you play a movie from the info dialog, kodi is waiting indefinitely here:
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/baff0a...#L162-L163

...and that's where my little (to none) knowledge of c+++ code ends :-)
Thanks, maybe you can discuss this issue internally. 
My C++ knowledge doesn't exists at all Wink

Edit:
FYI: it's only for GlobalSearch. A called info dialog from the library doesn't have the problem. So the issues doesn't exist globally.
@ronie 

It's because the globalsearch window is active (for whatever reason). If I delay the playback from the info dialog and force the globalsearch window to close it is working.

Fake "Play" button inside of the infodialog:
Code:

<onclick>AlarmClock(test,PlayMedia($INFO[ListItem.Filenameandpath]),00:02)</onclick>
                            <onclick>close</onclick>
                            <onclick>ReplaceWindow(home)</onclick>

Edit:
The PyLock also blocks all other RunScript() calls.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch for Kodi Leia51