Release GlobalSearch for Kodi Leia
not at the moment, but i can add it.

would it work for you if i supply the count as ListItem.Label2 for the items in menu 9000 ?
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-01-20, 18:11)ronie Wrote: not at the moment, but i can add it.

would it work for you if i supply the count as ListItem.Label2 for the items in menu 9000 ?

That would be perfect! Thanks!
Probably a big ask, but would it somehow be feasible to optionally output the search results into separate containers? Basically I would like to get all results per category in separate horizontal lists and throw them all in a vertical list.
(2018-01-20, 18:11)ronie Wrote: not at the moment, but i can add it.

Hehe, I was going to ask for the same but didn't want to bug you too much.  Wink
(2018-01-20, 21:51)Jeroen Wrote: Probably a big ask, but would it somehow be feasible to optionally output the search results into separate containers? Basically I would like to get all results per category in separate horizontal lists and throw them all in a vertical list.
nope, sorry, you'll have to forget about that idea ;-)
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
(2018-01-21, 02:18)ronie Wrote:
(2018-01-20, 21:51)Jeroen Wrote: Probably a big ask, but would it somehow be feasible to optionally output the search results into separate containers? Basically I would like to get all results per category in separate horizontal lists and throw them all in a vertical list.
nope, sorry, you'll have to forget about that idea ;-)

No worries Smile

Another thing then. I want list 9000 to be horizontal, in which case a select action is needed to make the results for the category in question appear. When 9000 is vertical, this happens on focusing the category. Can this be made to behave like with the vertical orientation?
i was made aware of it a few days ago, it was a silly brainfart on my end to only make autoselection work with a vertical menu.

will be fixed in v8.0.2
Terrific, cheers !
(2018-01-19, 09:35)MacGyver Wrote: Sorry if I was unclear before.  What I meant was that a general search should give all library results separated into categories (movies, television, episodes, shows, actors, directors, artists, and songs), and selecting from a "person" category should show you a list of names, selecting one of those should then display that credit type across all categories.

Right now there is no way to search for an actors name, so if you don't know the exact spelling of someone (Steve BuscHuh? ) then you when you do a search for actor named Steve, it shows you all movies with an actor named Steve in them.
But if it displayed a list of all actors that match that name in a list and you could select the right one, then it could display all search results from the library that contain that actor (movies, episodes, music videos). Thereby not just showing every movie containing Steve Buscemi, but all the guest appearances and acting roles he had in any TV episodes in the library, as well as any music videos he has a credit in.

A directors search should behave the same as actors, displaying a list of directors names that match, and selecting one shows every piece of media they have a director credit in.

Right now searching for an actor named "Steve" will show you every movie with every actor named Steve in it and nothing else. 

There is also no way currently to search for television actors at all.
 i've changed the actor and director search to return a list of actors / directors instead of movies.
clicking on a actor (or director) will then produce a list of movies.
(will be part of v8.0.2)

will have to think about tv show actors for a bit, not sure how easy it is to throw them in the mix.
(2018-01-24, 01:25)ronie Wrote:  i've changed the actor and director search to return a list of actors / directors instead of movies.
clicking on a actor (or director) will then produce a list of movies.
(will be part of v8.0.2)

Cool, that sounds great. Smile
(2018-01-24, 01:25)ronie Wrote: will have to think about tv show actors for a bit, not sure how easy it is to throw them in the mix. 

Can a specific search return just the requested results (eg. plot=true, title=true, actor=true, etc.), whereas a general search displays the search string from all matching categories, however selecting a search result from a "person" category either specific or general returns the media titles containing the matching person from all media categories (movies, tv shows, music videos) in their respective lists?  For TV shows specifically, just have it check the show and the episodes, if the episode actor isn't also credited in the show, then display the episode in the results, otherwise display the show in the results. So that guest actors show up in the episodes, but main actors only show up in the shows.

Thanks again.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
i'm afraid it's going to be difficult to code advanced functionality like that.
since i've just gone through the process of rewriting this addon from scratch, i really don't want to go back to the drawing board.

as for adding tv show actors (what i'm looking into), the problem is indeed how to handle tv show actors (main characters) versus episode actors (people who only played a role in one or two episodes).
if i look at how kodi is doing it (Videos > TV Shows > Actors) i think it's only listing the main characters there.
i've submitted v8.0.3 to the addon repo.

the only major change since v8.0.2 is that actor/director search now lists actors/directors instead of a list of movies.
Great change regarding actors/directors search!

Is there a chance for partial search strings to work? (for all search categories, of course)
Example:
A search for "chris bale" or even "chri bal" returning "Christian Bale"?
⬅️⬅️ Feel free to leave a 👍 on useful posts  |  A Confluence ZEITGEIST (A modern reimagination of Confluence)  |  axbmcuser REPO (Download Link)  |  Kodi 17.7 DSPlayer x64 BETTERGUI (2020 build)
(2018-02-24, 14:36)axbmcuser Wrote: Great change regarding actors/directors search!

Is there a chance for partial search strings to work? (for all search categories, of course)
Example:
A search for "chris bale" or even "chri bal" returning "Christian Bale"?
+1 on the fuzzy search feature.
nope, not possible

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GlobalSearch for Kodi Leia1