From NTFS to BTRFS
Information 
Hello all,

I am in the process of migrating my SQL centralized Kodi database from Windows NTFS to CentOS BTRFS.

I will copy all of my data from NTFS disks to BTRFS disks using either cp or rsync command in CentOS using command line.

Currently in Windows; Kodi looks for "Modified Date" and writes that to "Date Added" when scraping media.

1) Will the modified date of NTFS be transferred to BTRFS and which date will it populate?
2) Which date will Kodi be looking for in BTRFS in order to get the "date added" field?
3) Do you have any recommendation/preference/consultation between the two commands (cp or rsync)?

One of the most frequent database/library updates I make is that I replace files with other of better quality (eg going from dvdrip to brrip). And when this takes place; I manipulate the modified date of the new file and change it to match the one of the old file so that when Kodi adds the media into the library, the "date added" stays the same.

4) Will I be able to change the corresponding dates in BTRFS in order to avoid having every file I replace showing up as "recently added" in my library?

Thanks in advance.
Perhaps it would be possible since the media files will be on shared folders to change the modified date from Windows (many available tools for that).

As long as this change will of course remain in BTRFS because that is where all database operations will take place.

Any thoughts anyone ?
Kodi has 3 options available via the advancesettings.xml file for setting the "date added".  File mtime with fall-back to ctime (default), current time, or oldest of mtime or ctime.

I'm assuming that with the right command line options rsync will keep the mtime from NTFS and write it to the new file system.  So your date added shouldn't change if you leave default settings.  I don't know if changing the file system will result in a source scan/update seeing the folders as changed and hence doing a full scan.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
From NTFS to BTRFS0